Hello - I joined today

Scapa
6th February 2010, 15:43
(Wave) Hi I am hoping that you can help me with some Ships that my partner and I have either sailed in or trained with. The list is as below:
HMS Adamant
HMS Duncan
HMS Ulster
HMS Carysfort
HMS Kedleston
RNXS Training Ships: Loyal Proctor, Tongham, and Pagham
If you know of their whereabouts (either scrapped or still sailing) and if there are photographs available we would love to know.
Thank you for inviting me to join and I hope we can have some chats in the future.
Scapa

benjidog
6th February 2010, 16:25
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

R58484956
6th February 2010, 17:17
Greetings Scapa and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

fred henderson
6th February 2010, 18:34
A warm welcome Scapa. If you enter the ship's names, one at a time into the search box of the Royal Navy Gallery photos will come up. You will then be able to see if any of the RN ships carrying the name are of the ships you served in.

Fred (Thumb)

K urgess
6th February 2010, 19:05
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

David Williams
6th February 2010, 19:33
Hi Scapa.
Welcome aboard.I dont know if you already have photo,s of those
Warships,but if you click onto SS STEAMSHIPS,you will find photo,s
of the Adamant(4),Carrysfort(1),Duncan(7),Ulster(3),but no sign of
the Kendlestone.

Dave Williams(R583900)

KEITH SEVILLE
6th February 2010, 19:42
Greetings from Mereyside Scapa.
Hope you enjoy everything this site has to offer.

Regards
Keith

billyboy
6th February 2010, 22:26
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

scoobiesnax
16th March 2010, 23:44
Hi Scapa

The Pagham has been lying in Drummore Harbour, Galloway for the last few years rotting away but I went up their this weekend and she's gone so not sure if she's been scrapped or if someone has bought her to restore. There was certainly interest in taking her on from what I picked up but Im not sure if she was too far gone.

Cheers

Scoobs

bert thompson
17th March 2010, 09:29
Scapa welcome to this great site. Sure you will enjoy all that it offers
Best wishes
Bert.

donald h
17th March 2010, 10:12
Hi Scapa,
I served on the Thornham whilst in the RN, but also spent a while on the Tongham too. She was used for a short period by the RN`s Northern Area Bomb Disposal and Diving Team based out of Faslane, so I do have a couple of photos of her from that period which I will post in due course. However, they are on transparencies, so I will have to dig very deep into a large collection and transfer them to digital first.
regards, Donald

martin fleetwood
17th March 2010, 18:45
Hi scoobie. Pagham has gone, think that it is something to do with the scrap metal dealer from Denton that has moved into the area. Will probably turn up in Manchester as Curry parlour or a disco or sumfin'

scoobiesnax
17th March 2010, 21:51
Hi Martin

Funny enough, there is a huge metal boat shed being restored by an ex scrap metal dealer right next to where the Pagham lay but I know the boat didnt belong to him.
A few months ago there were complaints from the locals that kids had boarded the Pagham and as hatches were open it was a real danger so maybe that had something to do with the disappearance.
I 've become quite fond of her over the years so Im hoping someone has decided to restore her.
Wasnt it the Pagham that appeared in a film, think it may even have been sink the Bismark.

Scoobs

JohnWynn
8th May 2010, 20:41
Hi Scapa,
I served on the Adamant from 54 till 56.
She was scrapped at Inverkeithing I think about 1970 or so.