Hello from New Zealand.

Chris Botes
9th February 2010, 02:29
Just Joined... Started In MN as an Engineering Cadet with NZSCo. in 1957. Sailed mostly on steam ships until they ran out and then progressed to the deadly Doxfords. Left the sea in 1973 and came ashore in NZ after taking the Hinekura to scrap in Taiwan. Active member of the NZSCO Association in Auckland, we have about 210 members worldwide. Any familiar faces out there?

billyboy
9th February 2010, 03:16
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

spongebob
9th February 2010, 07:02
Welcome to the site Chris.
I served my time at Auckland's Devonport Dockyard before joining RMS Rangitane as junior engineer in 1957 for one voyage from Auckland to the UK and back to Wellington before joining the Union Co NZ.
I am interested to hear of the existence of the NZSCo Assn in Auckland and would be pleased to here more about it.
A lot of ex Dockyard lads spent time with NZSCo and Federal SS Co.

Regards

Bob Jenkins

non descript
9th February 2010, 07:14
Chris, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

bert thompson
9th February 2010, 09:16
Welcome Chris. Hope you enjoy all that this wonderful site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

GWB
9th February 2010, 09:39
Welcome aboard from across the ditch enjoy the trip, and what this great site has to offer.

gordy
9th February 2010, 11:41
Welcome aboard from a Firth of Clyde member.

R58484956
9th February 2010, 13:59
Greetings Chris and welcome to SN from the south of England. Bon voyage.

benjidog
9th February 2010, 19:04
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you enjoy the site.

K urgess
9th February 2010, 20:17
Welcome aboard from northern England, Chris.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

Chris Botes
10th February 2010, 22:37
Welcome to the site Chris.
I served my time at Auckland's Devonport Dockyard before joining RMS Rangitane as junior engineer in 1957 for one voyage from Auckland to the UK and back to Wellington before joining the Union Co NZ.
I am interested to hear of the existence of the NZSCo Assn in Auckland and would be pleased to here more about it.
A lot of ex Dockyard lads spent time with NZSCo and Federal SS Co.

Regards

Bob Jenkins

Thanks for the welcome Bob. The NZSCo Assn has a web site with all the information. The address is : www.nzshippingcoassoc.org.nz