Palm Line - George Holeyman

lokoja
10th February 2010, 23:01
I hope you can help me. I am searching for photos of old commands of Captain George Holeyman.

I have managed to locate a few photos on this site but if you have any more in your personnel records I would be greatful to see them as I'm trying to create a photographic record for his 82nd birthday.

He really misses the old days.

Karen (his daughter-in-law)

K urgess
10th February 2010, 23:34
A very belated welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Karen.
You seem to have found your way around and got to know the crew.
Enjoy the rest of the trip.

cacique
10th February 2010, 23:56
Karen,

On this site check out Forums - Shipping Lines - (Sub Forum - Palm Line) to find articles on Capt. George Holeyman.

Also go to "Search Forums" and put Palm Line in the box, go through the threads to find "Niger & Bamenda Palm" - there is included a thread from a Chris G who is looking for information on Capt. George Holeyman, his fathers' cousin !!!

Also check out www.merchant-navy.net as you might find photos there that are not on this site.

Last but not least, my best regards to Capt. George Holeyman, sailed with him many times.

Hope all this helps.

Kind Regards,
Cacique

aka David Wilson.

billyboy
11th February 2010, 07:29
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
11th February 2010, 10:35
Greetings Karen and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Ian McHamish
12th February 2010, 11:14
Hi Karen,
I sailed with George on his first trip as master on the 'Lokoja', it was also my first trip with Palm Line, sailed with him for about four/five trips.
I was with him when Gill came for a voyage, and also met your husband and his brother, in fact I took them under the 'Lokoja' when she was in drydock, a thing you couldn't do now-a-days.
Will try and dig out some old photo's and get in touch with you.
My regards to George and Gill, will try to get to see them this year.
Ian Mchamish