ships articles

james killen
14th February 2010, 22:11
I'd dearly like to get an original Foreign-Going "Crews Agreement" from the
1960's. This would be the copy of the ships articles that was posted on the crew's noticeboard.
The version that I require was usually printed on a light manila type paper and defined the sea area where the vessel could sail - (72degrees north to 60degrees south). Along with such expressions as " the crew individually and collectively agree to keep the accommodation clean. Also where the crews victuals were noted - the "Pound and pint" and such.

Anyone any ideas?

Jim Killen

Burned Toast
15th February 2010, 11:29
Ask at any MCA office they may help.

Ray

callpor
17th February 2010, 14:21
I'd dearly like to get an original Foreign-Going "Crews Agreement" from the
1960's. This would be the copy of the ships articles that was posted on the crew's noticeboard.
The version that I require was usually printed on a light manila type paper and defined the sea area where the vessel could sail - (72degrees north to 60degrees south). Along with such expressions as " the crew individually and collectively agree to keep the accommodation clean. Also where the crews victuals were noted - the "Pound and pint" and such.

Anyone any ideas?

Jim Killen

Jim,

Interesting question. I guess you have already looked on the MCA website without any luck. If you Google the subject you will find the governing ILO 1926 regulation and also a number of flag interpretations with copies of articles for their flag vessels. The ones I browsed appeared very similar to those that we signed during the 1960's, particularly those for ex-British colonies.

Chris Allport