New and inquisitive!

SilverQuest
15th February 2010, 23:10
Hello to all here!

My name is Wayne Booth and I live aboard my 1964 Noble & Sons Trawler - Silver Quest, berthed in Penryn, Cornwall. I am currently rebuilding her as a Maritime Heritage Teaching Platform.

A few queries:

1)
I was wondering why there are no photo sections for trawlers or sailing craft. Anyone got any ideas?

2)
If anyone has any details/photos on the history of my vessel, I would be very pleased to correspond.

3)
I have found a superb photographic page on a beautiful model of my sister ship made by Jay Cresswell, but have not managed to track him down here with the search. Any suggestions?

Looking forward to finding my feet and uploading some good pictures and details of my vessel.

Wayne

benjidog
15th February 2010, 23:28
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

There is indeed a forum for Fishing Vessels, and a Fishing Vessels section in the Gallery - though you have to opt in to it from your profile. To do this, click on User Control Panel at the top of the screen, select User Control Panel again from the menu presented and look on the bottom left where it says Group Membership and select Fishing View.

non descript
15th February 2010, 23:44
Wayne, a warm welcome to you and it is good to see that Brian has pointed out the Fishing Boat Gallery. - Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

billyboy
16th February 2010, 00:09
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
16th February 2010, 00:25
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Wayne.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

eriskay
16th February 2010, 00:26
She was a great-looking herring ring-netter typical of the ones Noble was producing at that time and went down to the Isle of Man after she left the West Coast of Scotland. What happened to her after that I don't know, but no matter what she will still be a strong boat at her age, Noble built them that way, and fine sea boats.

GWB
16th February 2010, 00:38
Welcome aboard from Brisbane in Oz great to see the crew are pointing you in the right direction.

bert thompson
16th February 2010, 11:17
Welcome Wayne to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
16th February 2010, 13:31
Greetings Wayne and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.