HMS Atherstone 1943-45

Motoguzziman
15th February 2010, 23:26
Hi just newly registered, I am looking for any info on anyone that may be still around from the Atherstone, reunions or whatever. My Dad served on her for the last three years of WWII and just thought it would be good if he could meet up with anyone he served with, any info would be much appreciated.

Whilst looking through the site I was interested to find a crew listing for the SS Empire Heath, my boss is the Masters son so thanks for that.

best regards,

Motoguzziman

GWB
15th February 2010, 23:28
Welcome aboard from Brisbane in OZ I am sure the crew will be able to point you in the right direction. Enjoy the trip and what the site has to offer.

K urgess
15th February 2010, 23:38
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

benjidog
15th February 2010, 23:41
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

billyboy
16th February 2010, 10:45
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
16th February 2010, 12:30
Greetings MG and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

BAILLIE
30th December 2013, 12:15
Hi motoguzziman
Just found your request about Hms Atherstone here. My father served on her last 2 years of the war but unfortunately passed away 3 years ago which sparked my research into the ships history. His name was James Baillie and he was a wireless/telegraphist operator. If you go to the World navy ships forum you can see my thread there plus some photos, one of the crew in possibly Egypt. You will see very few replies as not a famous ship. Found a book called the Last Destroyer which tells of the sister ship of the Atherstone so gives the types operation in the med and does mention the ship. In picture of the crew my father was standing in the furthest back row 15th from right. If you have any photos or info that would be much appreciated
Eric Baillie

R58484956
30th December 2013, 14:53
Greetings Baillie and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.