Genera Grimsby seine netter

brian read
26th February 2010, 16:12
hello everyone as anybody any idea if the fishing vessel genera g.y. 382 is still around
I worked on her for 7 years in the sixtys from memory she was the oldest ship working from the port at that time built in denmark I think in 1926

tried a number of searchs but all come showing nothing

many thanks Brian

Broady
26th February 2010, 16:27
hello Brian try posting your question in the Fishing vessels section ,Iam sure you will get an answer soon

R58484956
26th February 2010, 17:20
Greetings Brian and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

K urgess
26th February 2010, 19:16
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Brian.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

billyboy
26th February 2010, 21:50
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

bert thompson
26th February 2010, 22:19
Welcome Brian to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

cueball44
3rd March 2010, 15:37
hello everyone as anybody any idea if the fishing vessel genera g.y. 382 is still around
I worked on her for 7 years in the sixtys from memory she was the oldest ship working from the port at that time built in denmark I think in 1926

many thanks Brian

never heard of it,but i was on the tarnborg out of hull in 1960,cueball44.

oystersmack
25th September 2010, 16:19

many thanks Brian
Hello Brian, Like you I have been having little luck finding any info on her until today. First I came across a photo of her in the Gallery under a search of "Anchor Seiners", and now I've stumbled across your post. I'm pleased to tell you that she is alive and well, and I'd be very interested to talk to you about her.......cheers

milmur64
6th May 2013, 23:05
Hello Brian,

My Grand Father John Murray owned the Genera GY 382 until he died in 1957. She was then skippered by my Uncle William Murray until his death circa 1975.

Unfortunately, I like you do not know where she went after sale when my Uncle Bill died. I have been searching around but no luck to date.

It is amazing you worked aboard her and I guess you will have known my Uncle?

Regards,

Jonathan

milmur64
6th May 2013, 23:08
Hello Brian, Like you I have been having little luck finding any info on her until today. First I came across a photo of her in the Gallery under a search of "Anchor Seiners", and now I've stumbled across your post. I'm pleased to tell you that she is alive and well, and I'd be very interested to talk to you about her.......cheers

Hello I am trying to find out about my Grand Father's vessel the Genera GY 382.

I will be very interested to find out more please. My email is jonathan.miles@mypostoffice.co.uk.

Regards,

Jonathan

Shane Johnson
18th May 2013, 01:25
She was for sale a few months ago down south...no longer fishing but still afloat and recognisable.

johndrewett
5th April 2014, 02:15
Hi Brian , it's been a long time ,was talking about you about a week ago to one of the crew, how strange is that, remember the willies ? , we had some great times ,I still live in the same house,hope to hear from you soon, all the very best JOHN.

johndrewett
5th April 2014, 02:28
Hi Jonathan Brian and myself both sailed with bill in the sixties had a great time working with bill and Brian , with some fond memories, I still live in Cleethorpes,still go to sea ,best regards JOHN.

johndrewett
5th April 2014, 03:31
ps I men't wellies not willies ha ha.......Are you still in touch with jonny hammer?