Hello

Mike Jackson
28th February 2010, 14:12
I am Currently working on a family history project and am looking for information on the United Towing tugs 'Headman'; 'Yorkshireman'; 'Norman';*'Autocrat'; and 'Superman', crews, captains, any incident worthy of note upto 1945. Or anything regarding the Taylor family that worked on these tugs.

Information on the crew of HMS Boadicea, sunk 13th June 1944, again anything relating to the crew, photographs, anything really that is NOT currently available from the web (I have pretty much exhausted this route already).

I hope at some point to build a scale model of her (HMS Boadicea) so any photos (or preferably Hi-resolution digital copies) would be greatly appreciated.

I have the facilities to copy photographs and would return any origional images/documents.

Kindest regards to all,

Mike

K urgess
28th February 2010, 15:11
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Mike.
A search of the gallery and forums will reveal plenty of information.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

benjidog
28th February 2010, 15:39
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

ddraigmor
28th February 2010, 15:51
THis HMS Boadicea?

http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20Ships/Old%20Ships%20Bl/slides/Boadicea%20H65-01.html

OR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Boadicea_%28H65%29

Regards,

Jonty

Mike Jackson
28th February 2010, 17:19
Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome. and thanks for the links.

A very informative site.......all to easy to while away 3-4 hours trawling through it......

Cheers,

Mike(==D)

billyboy
28th February 2010, 22:49
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

rashone
28th February 2010, 23:04
Hi everyone, I've not posted I know but I do visit occassionally to check out for any info which may be available for my family tree that I am comipling.

bert thompson
1st March 2010, 10:11
Welcome Mike and good luck with your searches
Best wishes
Bert.

Derek Roger
1st March 2010, 18:08
Welcome from Canada . Enjoy your search and all the site has to offer .

Derek