Battle of the Atlantic - Allied Communication Intelligence.

Binnacle
5th March 2010, 09:34
This US publication may be of interest.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/ETO/Ultra/SRH-009/SRH009-1.html

Prudence
11th March 2010, 01:40
Thank you for the reference. I have the signals translated into English by the Americans put on the net at www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB30343.htm
In the reported story of the sinking of my Father's ship radio silence was ordered from ships and Airforce, by Commander Knowles of OSS regarding the U-532, so that the secret of the cracking of the naval ENIGMA code when the fourth rotor was added to the coding machine would not be noticed by Admiral Donitz. We were still in trouble in the Atlantic. Actually he picked it up in about three weeks or so.
I do not know if the published signals have been expurgated. Through U-boat net and through the Australian Archives I have been trying to get a copy of the log of the U-532 for the dates about 17/March/1944 to 6/April/1944.
The Australian Archives say they can't find their copy but I shall try again having the exact depository address for these microfiche in our National Archives...and the other place remains silent after publishing on the sinking and getting just about every fact wrong. I have contacted them several time via e-mail and received no acknowledgement. every bit of information helps. Thank you