Hello

Dennis WA
5th March 2010, 16:05
I have found great pleasure from SN. As the son of an Ellerman & Bucknall manager I had a number of voyages as a passenger on Ellerman's City ships on the South African run, in the 1950's and 1960's both going home to the UK as well as coastwise travel up to Beira and back. In 1968 and 1969 I served on the coaster "Induna" as third engineer - she was lost south of Madagascar in 1980 - see http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=17464.

I collect marine chronometers, deck watches and ships clocks / radio room clocks, mainly from the 20th Century. Most of my chronometers were made by Thomas Mercer, although I also have ones made by Hamilton, Elgin, U. Nardin, Wempe and a quartz Seiko.

Cheers
Dennis

K urgess
5th March 2010, 17:34
A belated welcome aboard from northern England, Dennis.
You seem to have found your way around and got to know the crew.
Enjoy the rest of the voyage.

R58484956
5th March 2010, 17:56
Greetings Dennis and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

non descript
5th March 2010, 18:06
Dennis, a warm, if a tad belated, welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage. (Thumb)

bert thompson
5th March 2010, 21:21
Welcome Dennis. Enjoy all that this great site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
5th March 2010, 22:40
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

benjidog
6th March 2010, 00:09
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

Tony Foot
27th September 2012, 14:33
I have found great pleasure from SN. As the son of an Ellerman & Bucknall manager I had a number of voyages as a passenger on Ellerman's City ships on the South African run, in the 1950's and 1960's both going home to the UK as well as coastwise travel up to Beira and back. In 1968 and 1969 I served on the coaster "Induna" as third engineer - she was lost south of Madagascar in 1980 - see http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=17464.

I collect marine chronometers, deck watches and ships clocks / radio room clocks, mainly from the 20th Century. Most of my chronometers were made by Thomas Mercer, although I also have ones made by Hamilton, Elgin, U. Nardin, Wempe and a quartz Seiko.

Cheers
Dennis
Hi Dennis!
My name is Tony I sailed in the Induna in the 60s Started as Third Eng then Second and Did a few trips as Chief (with a dispensation) while Mike Mc Adam was on leave. Cap was Mackintosh, C/O Ian Edwards, "Bung" was the Leccy. Can't remember who else. She was a rear party ship and i had a blast during my time with her