Hello from icy Gulf of Finland

PeteS
8th March 2010, 11:08
Hi
I'm a Finnish coast guard diver and time to time need pictures of old vessels where we dive to.

Now we try to find photos or even a blue prints of German ship Jut'n Feldtmann. We are going to survey how much she still carry oil and how fast it must pumped out of it.

She shanked 15th of October 1952 out side of Helsinki Finland.
She was almost new ship, build 1952 so maybe that's why it's hard to find any piqtures of it.

If any one know anything of it or the shipping company which might be Helmuth & Carl Heinz & Günther Feldtmann

(The company was located in Königreich (Jork, SW Hamburg). It is a white flag with a red lozenge in its centre containing black, dotted capitals “H.F.”. The lozenge is touching the edges.)

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x255/kt6877/defeldt.gif

I would be happy to get some information of Jut'n Feldtmann.

non descript
8th March 2010, 11:29
Pete, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

K urgess
8th March 2010, 11:52
Welcome aboard from northern England.
Miramar doesn't have a vessel of that name listed and all the Feldtmann vessels were quite small being from 280 to 500 gross tons.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

Frank P
8th March 2010, 12:01
Welcome onboard Pete,
enjoy the site and I hope that you find a photo of the Jut'n Feldtmann.
Cheers Frank

billyboy
8th March 2010, 12:05
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

George1946
8th March 2010, 16:04
Hi
I'm a Finnish coast guard diver and time to time need pictures of old vessels where we dive to.

Now we try to find photos or even a blue prints of German ship Jut'n Feldtmann. We are going to survey how much she still carry oil and how fast it must pumped out of it.

She shanked 15th of October 1952 out side of Helsinki Finland.
She was almost new ship, build 1952 so maybe that's why it's hard to find any piqtures of it.

If any one know anything of it or the shipping company which might be Helmuth & Carl Heinz & Günther Feldtmann

(The company was located in Königreich (Jork, SW Hamburg). It is a white flag with a red lozenge in its centre containing black, dotted capitals “H.F.”. The lozenge is touching the edges.)

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x255/kt6877/defeldt.gif

I would be happy to get some information of Jut'n Feldtmann.

Hi PeteS

'JUT'N FELDTMANN' was built in 1951 at Herbert Rancke, Cranz-Neuenfelde,
Yard-No.161, for Julius Feldtmann from Jork/Moorende.
BRT 286,82, NRT 136,45, tdw 400 / 250 bhp MaK
44,35 x 7,52m - draught 3,65m
15-10-1952 sunk with a cargo of timber during the trip from Hamina to Emden
about 15 miles from Helsinki
(photo available for private use only, please send email address by PM)

R58484956
8th March 2010, 16:05
Greetings Pete and a warm welcome to SN from the south coast of England. Bon voyage.

benjidog
8th March 2010, 19:50
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

gdynia
8th March 2010, 21:14
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage