CAPTAIN JEREMY
9th March 2010, 15:09
I went to sea in 1974, starting as a cadet with P & O. As a cadet I worked on a variety of ship types throughout the P & O group. In between I attended the School of Navigation at Warsash. I am still sailing, having been in command for the last 14 years, and loving it.

During this time I have worked for the following companies :

P & O (Bulk, General Cargo, Container Fleets/OCL, Passenger)
Safmarine & Gateway Shipping
Pearl Cruises/Ocean Cruise Lines/Croisiere Pacquet/Costa Crociere
Swan Hellenic (V Ships Lesure management)
Renaissance Cruises
ABP/Humber Estuary Services
Radisson Seven Seas Cruises (V Ships Lesure management)
Semester at Sea (V Ships Lesure management)

Ships :-
Ardshiel, Jervis Bay, Strathconon, Strathatlow, Uganda, Somerset, Oriana, Canberra, S A Sukumbi, S A Winterberg, Bora Universal, Pacific Universal, Scamper Universal, Atlantic Universal, Caribbean Universal, Arctic Universal, Astor, Ocean Pearl/Pearl/Costa Playa, Ocean Princess, Minerva, R One, R Six, R Five, Radisson Diamond, Explorer, Voyager.

Yachts :- Amazon Express, Northern Sun

R58484956
9th March 2010, 17:14
Greetings Capt: and welcome to SN. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

K urgess
9th March 2010, 18:16
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

non descript
9th March 2010, 19:10
CJ, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage (Thumb)

benjidog
9th March 2010, 19:41
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

bert thompson
9th March 2010, 19:47
Welcome to this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
9th March 2010, 21:26
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
9th March 2010, 21:26
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Bobby T
23rd March 2010, 11:27
I went to sea in 1974, starting as a cadet with P & O. As a cadet I worked on a variety of ship types throughout the P & O group. In between I attended the School of Navigation at Warsash. I am still sailing, having been in command for the last 14 years, and loving it.

During this time I have worked for the following companies :

P & O (Bulk, General Cargo, Container Fleets/OCL, Passenger)
Safmarine & Gateway Shipping
Pearl Cruises/Ocean Cruise Lines/Croisiere Pacquet/Costa Crociere
Swan Hellenic (V Ships Lesure management)
Renaissance Cruises
ABP/Humber Estuary Services
Radisson Seven Seas Cruises (V Ships Lesure management)
Semester at Sea (V Ships Lesure management)

Ships :-
Ardshiel, Jervis Bay, Strathconon, Strathatlow, Uganda, Somerset, Oriana, Canberra, S A Sukumbi, S A Winterberg, Bora Universal, Pacific Universal, Scamper Universal, Atlantic Universal, Caribbean Universal, Arctic Universal, Astor, Ocean Pearl/Pearl/Costa Playa, Ocean Princess, Minerva, R One, R Six, R Five, Radisson Diamond, Explorer, Voyager.

Yachts :- Amazon Express, Northern Sun
Welcome aboard capt Jeremy. I sailed on the Astor from comissioning to its sale to the Ruskies. Were you on the MV Astor or the older SA Astor ?

Boseley
23rd March 2010, 18:53
Hello Capt,

A warm welcome from El Hierro,

I too sailed on the Canberra, maiden voyage 1961, rank Bell Boy then Assistant steward, age 17,

Happy days,

Bob Sendall

CAPTAIN JEREMY
24th March 2010, 10:27
Welcome aboard capt Jeremy. I sailed on the Astor from comissioning to its sale to the Ruskies. Were you on the MV Astor or the older SA Astor ?

I stood by the Astor in HDW's Kiel yard during the build. I assume that you are Bob Terry having looked at your profile. Still in Oz I see. I am Jerry Kingston. We spent a lot of time together, and had a lot of fun in those days!! I still miss that ship.

Bobby T
24th March 2010, 11:15
Hi Captain Jeremy, Yep I am he, from RO to Chief Purser in two years.... I am still living in Castle Hill in Sydney. The building of Astor was an experience I shall never forget.

CAPTAIN JEREMY
24th March 2010, 11:48
Yes, it was quite an experience. I pass Laboe occasionally going in and out of the Kiel canal, and it brings back memories.

Are you in touch with anyone from those times? Kemp is still at sea on the cruise ship Discovery, and I heard that "Roy the Boy" was with Thompson Cruises. The last I heard of Erwin, he was working ashore in Miami.