Ship sales andd scrappings.

Scousegit
16th March 2010, 18:24
My finger nails are almost gone, I cannot settle into model building or writing my articles and sorting my pictures - no gallery you see.

So, supping my coffee and partaking in a lemon curd butty this afternoon, endeavouring at the same time to build enthusiasm to complete the Bangarth, the thought struck me that it might be interesting if someone in "know", so to speak, could compile or point us in the direction, of a list of all the vessels which have changed hands or been sold for scrapping during the previous week or month say.

I would do it myself of course, but I don't have access to the information.

Just an idle though - so now back to the bench.

Scouse.

D Sutton
16th March 2010, 21:40
My finger nails are almost gone, I cannot settle into model building or writing my articles and sorting my pictures - no gallery you see.

So, supping my coffee and partaking in a lemon curd butty this afternoon, endeavouring at the same time to build enthusiasm to complete the Bangarth, the thought struck me that it might be interesting if someone in "know", so to speak, could compile or point us in the direction, of a list of all the vessels which have changed hands or been sold for scrapping during the previous week or month say.

I would do it myself of course, but I don't have access to the information.

Just an idle though - so now back to the bench.

Scouse.

Join the World Ship Society, the Marine news each month has all those details, as well as interesting articles.

Scousegit
17th March 2010, 00:01
Join the World Ship Society, the Marine news each month has all those details, as well as interesting articles.

Yes I know it does, I know some of the members as well and I'd rather not thank you.

Scouse.

D Sutton
17th March 2010, 21:42
Yes I know it does, I know some of the members as well and I'd rather not thank you.

Scouse.

Well pardon me for trying to help you.(Cloud)

K urgess
18th March 2010, 00:09
Now, now, Gents.
I know we're all suffering from gallery withdrawal symptoms but let's have a bit of decorum. [=P]
(it's what you do to apples before you eat 'em)

Scousegit
18th March 2010, 00:55
I appreciate that you were trying to help and I was not being offensive in my reply - I think, just expressing an opinion.

I did, once, attend one of their meetings in Liverpool and talk about a bunch of ten year olds arguing and shouting at each other over trivia - not for me I'm afraid; neither do I want to be regarded as an "anorak" "enthusiast" or whatever, I'm "me" and I want do my own "thing" without the yoke of clubs, associations or societies hanging over me.

I just thought that it would be an interesting addition to the site which would enhance it even further, nothing more nothing less.

Scouse.

Billieboy
18th March 2010, 12:19
I understand you Scouse, it's sometimes difficult; to transfer verbal inflections, onto paper; or, in this case, the computer screen!

K urgess
18th March 2010, 13:06
I'm sure there must be the information out there from various sources and I'm sure we have members who subscribe to various trade papers/magazine that can keep us up-to-date with the latest news.
Things like http://www.lloydslist.com/ll/home/index.htm
There's no reason why we shouldn't keep up with the sort of news you want off our own bats. (Thumb)