Barber next to Tobis Bar

EBenarty
19th March 2010, 22:40
Does anyone remember after a few beers or so decided to go for a hair cut next door. It was a good haircut followed by a hot towel over the head then a thumping on the head and shoulders but it was great and you walked out refreshed !!!

Ali Bain
21st March 2010, 17:46
Yes, remember it well, Tobis Paradise bar if I remember rightly. Remember getting a haircut and then a shave with a cutthroat razor there in the early seventies. Half way through the shave I was wondering if it was a good idea, ended up probably the best shave I ever had.
Regards-Ali. Bain.

Pat Kennedy
21st March 2010, 19:33
Is this the Toby's Bar in Singapore?
As I recall it was on a corner in Anson Rd and was a very clean and airy place unlike many of the bars in Singapore at that time.
Regards,
Pat

Ali Bain
22nd March 2010, 07:54
Yes Pat it was the one in Singapore I was in.
Regards-Ali. Bain.

binliner
22nd March 2010, 16:56
remember going for the full treatment in a barbers shop in manilla.Haircut(had hair then) shave,ears cleaned out,fingernails and toenails cut and massage (no the genuine article)nothing sleazy that didnt happen till a lot later and lot of san mig. and tanduay ? rum.

Waighty
1st June 2011, 17:47
remember going for the full treatment in a barbers shop in manilla.Haircut(had hair then) shave,ears cleaned out,fingernails and toenails cut and massage (no the genuine article)nothing sleazy that didnt happen till a lot later and lot of san mig. and tanduay ? rum.

Tanduay Rum - made on Monday, bottled on Tuesday, consumed on Wednesday. Real top notch stuff. same same Bangkok Monkey (which apparently, so a customs guy told me, contained about 45% marijuana).