Hello

Davebirley
19th March 2010, 23:45
Any old shipmates out there(K)

benjidog
20th March 2010, 01:13
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

billyboy
20th March 2010, 01:58
Welcome aboard from the Phlippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
20th March 2010, 02:01
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
20th March 2010, 09:37
Greetings Dave and welcome to SN. What ships were you on ? Bon voyage.

Davebirley
22nd March 2010, 00:02
City of Birkenhead
City of Bath
City of Exeter
City of Manchester
City of Johanesburg
City of St Albans
City of Chester
City of Winchester
City of Canberra
City of Lichfield
City of Colombo
New city of Exeter
City of Port Elizabeth
City of Durban
City of London
Carchester[=P]

mikedavis
22nd March 2010, 17:08
I was with Ellermans from 62 t0 68. Sailed on the Chester from Feb 68 till July 68 as 3rd engineer down to South Africa. Was on the old City of London,guess you was on the later one.

Davebirley
22nd March 2010, 23:33
I was with Ellermans from 62 t0 68. Sailed on the Chester from Feb 68 till July 68 as 3rd engineer down to South Africa. Was on the old City of London,guess you was on the later one.

Joined the City of Chester August 68 as 3rd mate Persian Gulf discharge then Bedi Bunda, Bombay etc for the UK

John Gurton
3rd April 2010, 11:39
Hi Dave,
I sailed with you for my first trip on the Chester, then much later on the London coasting.
We met briefly at Tower Hill when I was doing a ticket. Were you doing Extra Masters?
I carried on at sea going to Reardon Smiths, Townsend then Buries Markes. Been a pilot on the Medway for the last 21 years, great job, big boys toys !
Rgds
John

Davebirley
6th April 2010, 21:58
Hi Dave,
I sailed with you for my first trip on the Chester, then much later on the London coasting.
We met briefly at Tower Hill when I was doing a ticket. Were you doing Extra Masters?
I carried on at sea going to Reardon Smiths, Townsend then Buries Markes. Been a pilot on the Medway for the last 21 years, great job, big boys toys !
Rgds
John
Hi john
When we met a tower hill I was doing the degree in Nautical Science. left Ellermans as Mate when the company was disintigrating around us. Got a quick command and went ashore as a marine surveyor. Ended up spending quite a few years working based in Bombay. Met an Aussie Lady now retired and farming in New South Wales, so can play with big boys toys like tractors.
The only problem with Oz is the beer I miss the Green King and Adnams.
You must have met John harrison Nayes as a pilot on the Medway an old mate of mine.
rgds
Dave