Japan annual whale catch 'halved' (BBC News)

SN NewsCaster
13th April 2010, 07:50
Japan's whaling fleet blames "violent interference" from anti-whaling activists as it reports its lowest catch for years.

More from BBC News... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/news/int/search/news%2Bsport/ship/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/8616884.stm)

rickles23
13th April 2010, 08:36
Hi,
Gotta feel sorry for the whalers, I don't think so.
I have tried for many years to find a copy of the research on the whales that have been killed.
Regards

D Sutton
14th April 2010, 08:55
Hi,
Gotta feel sorry for the whalers, I don't think so.
I have tried for many years to find a copy of the research on the whales that have been killed.
Regards

I'll think you'll find it on many menus, generally with the comments yum yum yum

teb
14th April 2010, 14:56
I'll think you'll find it on many menus, generally with the comments yum yum yum

For what it's worth - article in our local paper to-day quoting report by "Biology Letters" found three whale species caught under Japan's controversial programme but protected from international trade ended up on the tables of Japanese restaurants in Seoul and Los Angeles. It found thro' DNA samples that fin.sei,and Antarctic minke whales were being sold for sushi despite the whales being protected.(Having tasted whale meat during WW2 would say Yuk!! rather than Yum Yum- but thats a personal view !!)