THPV SEAMARK under immediate threat - please advise

sothebys
14th April 2010, 17:59
Hello all , this is my fisrt post here & I know just about nothing, but I have been working furiously today to try to start a rescue for Seamark a Pilot Cutter built Appledore 1959 and working out of Swanage till 2002.(www.saveourseamark.com tells the story). If you served aboard , or know anything about the vessel or can advise how to raise sponsorship, please let me know on saveourseamark@hotmail.com . Please let me know if the website is innaccurate in any way also.
She will be cut up for scrap in 2 months unless we can raise 27,250 and will almost certainly acheive the national historic ships register if she survives!
Make a really good advertisment for a rescuing corporate sponsor and it is not a huge amoiunt of money in company terms..... enough of tyhis waffling please help guys thanks

Jacktar1
15th April 2010, 16:13
Hi sotheby,
You are correct in saying that the Seamark was built in Appledore in 1959.
She served as the Swansea Pilotage Authority's pilot cutter from that time until 2002, at that time I believe she was donated to the Cardiff Sea Cadets.
I served as skipper of the Seamark for about 4 years, she was a great vessel and operated in atrocious weather conditions at times !
The Seamark owned by the Swansea Sea Pilotage Authority also embarked and disembarked pilots for the Neath River and also Port Talbot at times.
I just have one photo of the Seamark, approaching the vessel that I was piloting at the time.
If you require any info regarding the crew etc. its possible I can help.
Glan(K)

JoJo5
20th May 2010, 19:19
Hi sotheby,
You are correct in saying that the Seamark was built in Appledore in 1959.
She served as the Swansea Pilotage Authority's pilot cutter from that time until 2002, at that time I believe she was donated to the Cardiff Sea Cadets.
I served as skipper of the Seamark for about 4 years, she was a great vessel and operated in atrocious weather conditions at times !
The Seamark owned by the Swansea Sea Pilotage Authority also embarked and disembarked pilots for the Neath River and also Port Talbot at times.
I just have one photo of the Seamark, approaching the vessel that I was piloting at the time.
If you require any info regarding the crew etc. its possible I can help.
Glan(K)

Hi. I'm from Swansea, one of my family members was an engineer working on board the Seamark many years ago. I was sad to see the ship looking so pitiful when i was last in Cardiff. i would like to get in touch with as many people who have history with the ship, have any photos or any stories of the Seamark's past. I would love one day to see the ship restored back to her former glory.

Jacktar1
21st May 2010, 13:42
Sent you a private message, pls let me know if you received it.
Thanks......Glan

vchiu
28th May 2010, 14:31
Good luck with your gallant attempt to rescue this fine little ship

Cheers

Valery