Danish shipping-company Nielsen & Bresling, also called Bres-Line???

Roedspaetten
20th April 2010, 16:05
Hello in here...
Currently Im looking for any kind of photos and informations of Bres-Lines ships, they have had around 30 new-buildings in the last 50 years, bought 2 used ships and have had a lot of ships on time-charter, trying to keep their customers happy, fullfill the customers needs and fulfill their contracts at all times throughout the years. All these ships Im seeking info`s and pics of, both while they were runned as Bres-ships or run by the company, (timecharters) and later info and pictures. Im trying to find uot what happened to, or with, the ships in the years after their duty in Bres-Line ended...
So if you have any kind of information or pictures of these ships I will be very glad to hear from you...
We sailed a lot of timber from Sweden and Finland and returned, useally, with a cargo of China Clay...
The timber was delivered in lots of different places in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland, not so much in Scotland...
Especially the company had a contract of delievering most of the timber used in Corwall and Devon and that part of the country... I know the have had a contract for more than 25 years of timber-delivering to a town named Totnes up the River Dart... I don`t know if it is still an active traffic, but it lasted for many many years...
The Clay was typically loaded in Teignmouth, Fowey, Par and other places...
So I came to love these areas of England very much... I think the cornish humor, way of life, culture and so on are very much like the danish way. I liked it there and I had a lot of friends there....
Enough for now,writing this mail was a very nice tour down Memory Lane(*))
Don`t know if this is the rigth forum for taking such a trip in thoughts about the past, but I trust you to tell me if I did something terrible wrong...
Sorry for my rusty english and bad spelling, but I haven`t really used my english for more than 25 years, neither speaking it nor writing it... So please forgive me for my failors...
Thank you very much for you patience reading this long mail and thank you for any infos on the subject that anyone of you can give me....
Have the most fantastic evening af look out for your selves and the people that are close to you all...
Regards from
Kent

billyboy
21st April 2010, 08:07
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Frank P
21st April 2010, 09:58
Kent, there is nothing wrong with your English.
I hope that you find the information/photos that you are looking for.
Cheers Frank

exsailor
21st April 2010, 12:41
Hello Kent.

If you have not already seen it, go to http://www.bresline.dk/gallery.html and click on either picture frame then click on first vessel to get a slide show.

Dennis.

ted nutt
21st April 2010, 13:16
Morning Kent,the history of Nielsen&Bresling is in the book Danske Rederier Volume 1 by Bent Mikkelsen.Ted