Shoalway

Degzie
29th April 2010, 14:35
I see that Westminsters Dredging new trailer Suction Dredger 'SHOALWAY' has arrived on the Mersey. From sand and gravel news
The Liverpool Echo reports that a new dredger for Mersey Ports, Shoalway, will be named at Liverpool Cruise Terminal on Friday April 30th.

Shoalway will be sponsored by Patricia Hodgson, wife of Peel Ports Mersey managing director Gary Hodgson, at midday.

The 90m long suction dredger is owned by Westminster Dredging and replaces bucket dredger Mersey Mariner. This was the last Mersey Docks-owned dredger, which was sold to work in Belem, Brazil, last summer.

http://www.sandandgravel.com/news/article.asp?v1=12927

Will this now be the end of WD Medway II?

I do believe that Bos Kalis will be reducing it's fleet of older trailers in the coming months anyone have any news on what trailers will be sold/scrapped?
Degzie

Pat Kennedy
29th April 2010, 15:29
Degzie,
I just put a photo of her in the gallery.
Pat

KEITH SEVILLE
29th April 2010, 15:44
Degzie

Its interesting you mentioned this, but just to correct you Mersey Mariner was a trailing suction dredger.
W.D.Medway 11 is now at Ghent and she is alongside the berth where the W.D.Severn was scrapped. W.D.Severn is now virtually scrapped apart from the hull, there is a photograph of her in shipspotters taken about 2 to 3 weeks ago. She has been hauled on to a slipway to be finished off.
I would think that the Medway looks as though she is going to follow the Severn.
If you or anybody else hears of any more dredgers to be sold off would greatly appreciate any news please ??

Best Wishes
Keith

Pat Kennedy
30th April 2010, 09:57
Shoalway is still alongside at Liverpool Landing Stage and is dressed overall in bunting. According to Mersey Radio, they are having a naming ceremony at 12.00 today.
I'll try and get a photo.
Pat

Compass Rose
4th May 2010, 20:56
Good evening, I have just uploaded a photo of the naming ceremony of the shoalway taken last Friday from the Wirral side, thought you might like to see it. Enjoy.

Tommunbeig
4th July 2010, 00:55
Arrived at at the grassy knoll next to Kings Dock, Shieldhall, Glasgow this afternoon - Sat 3/7/10 - to find just Arklow Faith loading. Made to go home but observed a familiar outline gently passing Yarrows, heading for Kings Dock. Returned quickly to wellcome Shoalway doing a nice course for the dock. She has been spending a few weeks in the Clyde. I attach a picture of her rounding the dock entrance.

Gulpers
4th July 2010, 06:03
Arrived at at the grassy knoll next to Kings Dock, Shieldhall, Glasgow this afternoon - Sat 3/7/10 - to find just Arklow Faith loading. Made to go home but observed a familiar outline gently passing Yarrows, heading for Kings Dock. Returned quickly to wellcome Shoalway doing a nice course for the dock. She has been spending a few weeks in the Clyde. I attach a picture of her rounding the dock entrance.

Tommunbeig,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)