Mv The Royal Iris

annealicia
30th April 2010, 22:57
Hi All

My name is Faith and I am the secretary of the Bring The Royal Iris Back home Facebook group. First and Foremost let me thank those of you on this site that have joined the group and have I hope signed the petition.

My reason for starting this thread is that today I had some news from the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. They have in fact been to visit the Royal Iris in Woolwich and have decided to hand her over to the HSE for further action. It appears that they are looking at impounding her.

Is there anyone on here who is able to explain and advise me on what steps need to be taken for this to happen. Also please let me know if there is anything I can do in relation to helping the Wirral Businessman save her from what could finally be the breakers yard.

Please email me at merseyqueen@hotmaill.com with your answers.
Thank you

Thats another Story
30th April 2010, 23:20
IFF she does come back to liverpool i am sure there is a few local lads will be willing to work on her for free she belongs back on the mersey or just to visit in a dock i for one will work on her and i have all the tools we all have some free time regards john.

annealicia
1st May 2010, 12:45
John

Can you please send me your details so that I can add them to a list of volunteers that I am collating.

Thanks

Faith

ferrypip
1st May 2010, 20:52
i was an engineer on her for eight years just before she departed the mersey for cardiff.Will be happy to give you any info.also still work on the mersey.Regards ferrypip.

Thats another Story
1st May 2010, 21:19
it would allso make a good meeting place for local members to show thier skills i am sure we would love to get our soft hands dirty again.

blobbybluey
1st May 2010, 21:45
(Applause) im game for a bit of that would be marvellous if it were to happen.

annealicia
2nd May 2010, 12:25
Ferrypip

Can you please contact me at merseyqueen@hotmail.com. I would love to hear your stories about the Iris.

B Wales
9th January 2011, 20:19
Any further news on the "Royal Iris" at Woolwich?.

Phill
18th November 2012, 12:47
I found this article in the local Newspaper, the Greenwich Visitor.
Help Historic Ferry Get Home.

it has a save the Royal Iris Petition- http://www.royaliris.co.uk/phpPETITION/index.php

you can also email matt@thegreenwichvisitor.com

I've signed

Phill

Ron Dean
18th November 2012, 13:38
I found this article in the local Newspaper, the Greenwich Visitor.
Help Historic Ferry Get Home.

it has a save the Royal Iris Petition- http://www.royaliris.co.uk/phpPETITION/index.php

you can also email matt@thegreenwichvisitor.com

I've signed

Phill
Phill,
I've also signed.
I don't know if signing the petition will help save the Royal Iris, but at least giving it publicity on the SN site, should swell the number of signatures. (Standing at 3047 when I signed).

Ron.