Happy birthday RCN

Archie NS
4th May 2010, 14:23
Today marks 100 years of the Royal Canadian Navy.

Billieboy
4th May 2010, 15:16
Happy Birthday!

I well remember a couple of hours on the Huron in Dubai in '91 or '92, very accomodating chaps.

Brian Twyman
24th June 2010, 12:56
Nice to see that two RNZN ships are up in Canada helping celebrate.
Not often these two navies get together.

brian

Archie NS
24th June 2010, 18:05
The two RNZN ships must be on the west coast, here on the east coast the the fleet will be anchored in Bedford Basin and reviewed by Her Majesty the Queen.
http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/local/article/561284--ships-gathering-for-fleet-review

Dumah54
24th June 2010, 18:43
In actual fact the RCN birthday is 04 May as the Navy Act was proclaimed on that date in 1910.

As I look out my 10th floor apartment I am watching the various vessels gathering for our Queen's review this weekend. Proud ships, even prouder history. Hopefully "Sackville" will be included. For those unaware she is the last corvette and she has been lovingly restored to her 1944 livery.

Cheers, Dumah,
Halifax, NS

TARBATNESS
24th June 2010, 21:00
Hope all goes well. I always enjoy working with the Canadians and have had some great times in Halifax, Esqimalt and Prince Rupert. Enjoy the day!

Brian Twyman
26th June 2010, 07:26
The two RNZN ships must be on the west coast, here on the east coast the the fleet will be anchored in Bedford Basin and reviewed by Her Majesty the Queen.
http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/local/article/561284--ships-gathering-for-fleet-review

HMNZS TE KAHA and ENDEAVOUR are in Victoria, Canada 9-14 June taking part in the Maritime Force Pacific (MARPAC) International Fleet Review. The Review showcases 12 ships from Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and United States of America navies - as well as Coastguards from Canada, America and French Pacific forces.

Brian

Burned Toast
30th June 2010, 19:53
(Thumb)Sailed with a few Canadians Top Seamen(Applause)