What Port,What Ship

ruud
3rd November 2005, 21:58
Ahoy,
Here a link to download, be patient, it's quiet large, but interesting.

http://www.apc.es/imagenes-apc/buquecurra.wmv (http://www.apc.es/imagenes-apc/buquecurra.wmv)

Anybody knows where this is, and what ship?

DMA
3rd November 2005, 22:32
I think that it must have been close to closing time a the local pub !!! rushing to get that last order in before the doors closed.

Paul UK
3rd November 2005, 23:06
I dont know ship but it looks like Jersey probably wrong.

Paul

ruud
3rd November 2005, 23:10
Ahoy Paul,

The film or webcam is Spanish, so most likely a Spanish harbour.

ray1buck1
4th November 2005, 08:17
From the web site address it is the Port of Cartagena authority, could therefore possibly be Cartagena or Escombreras, ??

ray1buck1
4th November 2005, 08:35
Hi Ruud
Since posting the previous reply the question is solved on http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/Mariners/2005-11/1131053618

ruud
4th November 2005, 09:41
Ahoy Ray,

Thanks for this answer, so we know it was the Parsival, and the harbour is Cartagena, but after it is a "strange" circumstance; maybe falling asleep on the wheelhouse, and as well in the engineroom, because the engine still goes full ahead?
Here a "Spanish report", will translate it soon as possible:
UN BUQUE MERCANTE EMBARRANCA EN EL DIQUE DE CURRA EN SU MANIOBRA DE ENTRADA EN PUERTO - 02/11/2005
El buque mercante PARSIVAL de 88 metros de eslora embarrancó el pasado día 16 de Octubre en el dique de La Curra cuando hacía su maniobra de entrada al Puerto de Cartagena. Todo apunta a que la tripulación y oficiales del Parsival, de bandera de Antigua, se quedaron dormidos. El buque no respondió por radio a los continuos mensajes de los controladores de la Autoridad Portuaria y Salvamento Marítimo, tras detectar en las pantallas de sus radares que el buque no reducía su marcha conforme se aproximaba a Cartagena. Como consecuencia del accidente, el mercante sufrió en su casco tres grietas de un metro de longitud. Ninguno de sus tripulantes sufrieron heridas.
Pulsando en este enlace puede acceder al video del suceso captado por las cámaras del Centro de Control de la Autoridad Portuaria de Cartagena

DAVIDJM
5th November 2005, 14:51
MERCHANT VESSEL GETS STUCK IN THE DIKE OF FLASHY IN ITS MANEUVER OF ENTRANCE IN PORT - 02/11/2005 The merchant vessel PARSIVAL of 88 meters of length got stuck the past day 16 of October in the dike of The Flashy one when did its maneuver of entrance al Port of Cartagena. All aims at that the crew and officials of the Parsival, of flag of Old, they remained asleep. The ship did not respond for radio to the continuous messages of the controllers of the port authority and Maritime Rescue, after detecting in the screens of its radars that the ship did not reduce its in agreement march approached Cartagena. As a result of the accident, the merchantman suffered in his helmet three cracks of a meter long. None of their crew members suffered injuries. I press in this link can agree al video of the event grasped by the cameras of the Center of Control of the port authority of Cartagena
--------------------------------
I hope this will help DAVIDJM

ruud
5th November 2005, 15:03
Ahoy DAVIDJM,

Thanks for the translation, it went completely out of my head, that I've promised to do it, later on.So thanks again, you will understand.....busy,busy(*))

moaf
5th November 2005, 15:18
He probably put the engine ahead again to keep her on the rocks. Otherwise, she would have slipped off