The Bank Line Reunion

China hand
8th June 2010, 19:32
Greetings to all.

I have sent Brian my apologies for absence this year. I didn't make the last one either.
I looked at the Bank Line Website and took the tongue in cheek attitude ( being a mere sprog) of suggesting Brian might have a look at the Bank Line section of SN.
I know the team have put in loads of work trying to organize these Bi-Annual do's. About how many of the SN crowd are going this year?

JoeQ
10th June 2010, 11:30
Greetings to all.

I have sent Brian my apologies for absence this year. I didn't make the last one either.
I looked at the Bank Line Website and took the tongue in cheek attitude ( being a mere sprog) of suggesting Brian might have a look at the Bank Line section of SN.
I know the team have put in loads of work trying to organize these Bi-Annual do's. About how many of the SN crowd are going this year?

I didn't know there was one. Where can I find the details?

China hand
10th June 2010, 19:20
I didn't know there was one. Where can I find the details?

Brian Lucy, 12 Langmere Road, Watton, Norfolk, IP25 6LG

Home fone 01953 882873

Email brianlucy@btinternet.com

Hope this helps.

Alistair Macnab
25th June 2010, 17:40
I don't see a lot of enthusiasm for attending the Bank Line reunion this year. Unfortunately, I shall also be unable to attend and it must be quite a number of years since I was last there. At that time, there was plenty of opportunity to meet up with old shipmates and have a good session at the bar before and after the dinner, but with the memsahibs in attendance it was not quite the 'old days'! My wife and I had booked in for two nights and three days since we had come a long way but nearly everybody came on the day of the reunion and went the next morning so we were kind of left on our own.

Alan Rawlinson
26th June 2010, 17:42
I don't see a lot of enthusiasm for attending the Bank Line reunion this year. Unfortunately, I shall also be unable to attend and it must be quite a number of years since I was last there. At that time, there was plenty of opportunity to meet up with old shipmates and have a good session at the bar before and after the dinner, but with the memsahibs in attendance it was not quite the 'old days'! My wife and I had booked in for two nights and three days since we had come a long way but nearly everybody came on the day of the reunion and went the next morning so we were kind of left on our own.

Alistair,

Good morning.

As you must know, some of the other major shipping company reunions embrace 2 or 3 days, usually in some fancied or exotic location. BI for sure, usually have a ' knees up ' lasting a few days in Bali or similar. Everyone flies in, and they combine it with a mini holiday. A great time is had by all, so I am told. Maybe, we could have one in Houston?

Seriously, if you are ever at a loose end in the UK , you and your good Lady would be most welcome to stay with us in Cornwall. - bring your passport!

Cheers/Alan

Waighty
6th August 2010, 15:54
Greetings to all.

I'm planning on going with my wife this year, having missed the last two. Have hopefully persuaded Pete Trussler (ex 2nd Eng'r) and his wife to go too.