Norwegian Epic - delayed arrival in Soton, repairs underway

shamrock
22nd June 2010, 13:20
Norwegian Epic is about to arrive in Soton, she was due in at around 10am but she had technical issues that made her departure from Rotterdam later than planned yesterday and a slower crossing of the English Channel.

After three fires and now 2 thrust bearing failures, one could be forgiven in thinking that Epic could become the latest troubled cruise ship....all it needs now is for the bottle of bubbly to refuse to break....(EEK)

We are tracking her via webcams & AIS over on The Cruising Forum, should anyone be interested in what has been going on with NCL's latest baby. David (Pompeyfan) has been dispatched to Cowes to attempt to get some photo's of her. He should be back onsite with us later...hopefully with one or two shots of her in the sunshine on the Solent. Norman, my other staffmember has already managed a great capture from the Solent webcams....patience & determination paid off (Thumb)

So if you want to check out the thread for photo's of her arrival, departure on her 2 nighter and then her subsequent TA, do please pop over at anytime...you'll be very welcome :)

http://www.thecruisingforum.com/showthread.php?t=8529

:)

Don Matheson
22nd June 2010, 13:36
Shamrock, Not too worried about the arrival of the newest limping liner but very pleased to see you up and around again and I hope you are back to your old health or even better.
Bet it was a struggle to get Pompeyfan to rush out and take photos of her.

Nice to see you back

Don

shamrock
22nd June 2010, 13:44
Shamrock, Not too worried about the arrival of the newest limping liner but very pleased to see you up and around again and I hope you are back to your old health or even better.
Bet it was a struggle to get Pompeyfan to rush out and take photos of her.

Nice to see you back

Don

Thank you for the good wishes Don. I am slowly getting fit again...too slowly for my liking but cest la vie. The surgery was more extensive than originally planned & there have been some setbacks but I will get there eventually :)

David was very keen to go get some photo's if he could, so as soon as we knew that Epic was about to enter Solent waters, he was off and running down to Cowes. He seems to have found his niche on the cruising boards and he is defintely an asset over there, especially teamed up with Norman, the pair of them work extremely hard together. I couldn't ask for a better team (Thumb)

Jeff Taylor
22nd June 2010, 21:01
...after Norway and Independence, anything that causes problems for NCL is welcome news. Sorry for the inconvenience to innocent cruisers.

shamrock
23rd June 2010, 13:03
...after Norway and Independence, anything that causes problems for NCL is welcome news. Sorry for the inconvenience to innocent cruisers.

Couldn't agree with you more Jeff. This is a tiny bit of getting even with NCL, it is a shame that cruisers have been caught up in the delays but NCL really do not deserve any sympathy.

Hawkeye
23rd June 2010, 14:42
I was wondering why the Epic had tugs on her when leaving Rotterdam. Unfortunatly I didn't get a picture as I'd just come out of the shower and seen her going past my cabin porthole.

CliffsVictory57
26th June 2010, 22:50
It used to be that having taken a shore excursion, you'd be rewarded with the visuals
of a beautiful ship awaiting your return during the short ride back in the launch.
As in this view of the FRANCE off Fort Lauderdale, anchored near the Yankee Clipper Hotel.

With new chock-a-block vessels like NORWEGIAN EPIC, the tables have been turned!

TG