Cressington

the yard
8th November 2005, 23:31
Hi all,

Would anyone have any information / photographs of the Grab Hopper Barge "Cressington" built by A.&J. Inglis (Harland and Wolff Ship No.1644) launched Thursday 24 August 1961 for the British Transport Commission ?

The Yard

Tmac1720
9th November 2005, 13:56
Hi all,

Would anyone have any information / photographs of the Grab Hopper Barge "Cressington" built by A.&J. Inglis (Harland and Wolff Ship No.1644) launched Thursday 24 August 1961 for the British Transport Commission ?

The Yard
As far as I can recall the drawings and technical specs for the Pointhouse yard were deposited with the Scottish Maritime Museum. Also the company records for the British Transport Commission who owned the barge are avaliable from the Public Record Office in Kew. Both bodies have web sites however I don't know if they provide an on-line search facility. (Until a few years ago they didn't) Good hunting (Thumb)

KEITH SEVILLE
16th December 2005, 14:44
Although I Have No Photographs Of The Cressington Unfortunately.
I Can Say That She Was Sold By The British Transport Commission
Garston Docks To The Westminster Dredging Company.
She Occasionally Worked On The River Mersey For Them Known As
The W.d.cressington Serving As A Hopper Barge.
About 1980 She Was Sold To Dutch Owners And Renamed Stad Weesp,
Subsequenly Being Converted To A Trailing Suction Dredger Operating In Dutch And Belgian Waters.
Sold For Scrap 1986.

She Is A Vessel That I Was Interested In Too.

Regards
Keith

the yard
18th December 2005, 21:38
Thanks for the info Keith. (Applause)

Robert

ruud
18th December 2005, 21:48
Ahoy,

Here as the Stad Weesp:

the yard
20th December 2005, 20:41
Hi Ruud,

Just saw the image of the "Stad Weesp". Our Friend "Oul Hand" is right about you - you are the man.

Cheers

Robert