Questions and Answers

Thamesphil
11th November 2005, 15:25
It might be worth mentioning to members that some information that is requested on this site can be found on the internet. For example, current vessels, as well as their recent name histories, can be found by logging on to www.equasis.org

Photos of thousands of ships (mostly current and recent) can be found on www.shipspotting.com, whilst other enthusiast sites, such as Auke Visser's tanker site have comprehensive histories for specific vessels.

Loads of other information can be found by simply doing a 'google' search.

Like most on this site, I don't mind helping 'newbies' who are perhaps not too internet-minded but, not wishing to sound arrogant, it is also useful to educate people of the power of the web. Maybe the site should include links to some of the most popular and useful web pages and people alerted to those links in an introductory message.

Phil

R58484956
11th November 2005, 16:36
On www.equasis.org they want to know about 17 different details to sign on, do you give answers to the black questions, how little do you give to get the ships details??

Thamesphil
11th November 2005, 17:00
On www.equasis.org they want to know about 17 different details to sign on, do you give answers to the black questions, how little do you give to get the ships details??

It's such a long time sine I registered, I can't correctly recall. However, it appears that the black questions are compulsory, the others not. Try it and see if it works!

Phil

R58484956
11th November 2005, 17:10
Will do, shipspotters has some excellent photos, thanks for site names
bm
PS amazing what little I put on there and have registered, thanks