Percy ( John) Musty RIP

Kasper
19th August 2010, 10:07
John Musty , a friend of mine for 40 years, lost his fight against cancer at a hospice in Canterbury , Kent on Tuesday 17th August.
John was an electrician in Houlder Bros for many years, and I'm sure will be remembered by at least some of our older members.

duquesa
19th August 2010, 10:32
The name certainly rings bells though I cannot recall the chap. I'm sad however to learn of his passing and sorry you have lost an old friend.

marinero
19th August 2010, 15:34
Kasper.
My condolences on you losing a friend.

Regards

sparkie2182
19th August 2010, 15:44
Condolences Kasper.

Never an easy time.

R.I.P.

rob mcc
19th August 2010, 19:39
sailed on the abby with john good electrician who knew how to party very sorryto hear has passed away

MWD
19th August 2010, 19:41
Kasper,

I rember John Musty well. He was electrician on the tanker Clymene (Hadleys) in 1962/3. I was sailing as 2nd Eng. and had my wife Val with me.

John used to give us private evening film shows, and we tape-recorded all the musical sound tracks.

John later visited us after I had left the sea and we were living in Whitstable.

We lost touch with John when we left Kent.

My wife and I are both very sorry to learn of his losing his battle with Cancer.

MWD.

merrymagpie
21st August 2010, 08:06
Sailed with John on a number of occasions
A good shipmate and always good fun in the bar.

R.I.P.

billyboy
21st August 2010, 08:12
My Condolences to his family at this sad time

Jerry M
23rd August 2010, 09:48
Sailed with John on the Humboldt and Faraday, if my memory serves me he made quite a good barber! A real nice guy RIP. Jeremy Meadows.

NINJA
23rd August 2010, 11:39
Like Jerry Meadows sailed with John on the Faraday and later on the Stolt Spur, always a good shipmate. My Condolences to his family.
Tom.

saltyswamp
25th August 2010, 14:45
RIP John and my Condolences to his family

LOCKER
11th August 2011, 19:43
John Musty , a friend of mine for 40 years, lost his fight against cancer at a hospice in Canterbury , Kent on Tuesday 17th August.
John was an electrician in Houlder Bros for many years, and I'm sure will be remembered by at least some of our older members.

Very Sad
My wife and I also sailed with him.
A gentleman and a good lecky
We remember one of his favourite songs was Spanish Eyes.
I have been looking at some of the forums, ClerkMaxwell, Faraday, Orotava, Orenda etc and not many people offering any input nowdays.
Not many of us left now.
Older member
Locker

steam train
25th August 2011, 21:30
Sailed with John on the Abbey.Great company.A sad loss

Steam Train

Arthur C
16th July 2012, 14:54
Hi Kasper,
I sailed with John on the Orenda Bridge a great, smart, lovely bloke who loved his Whisky, but was always fit to turn to, the next morning.
He loved 'South of the Border' (the song) & we would sing it in the bar many a night, very sorry to hear of this Gents passing. I was 4/E

He once told me why he went by the name John, instead of Percy, they were calling out pupils names at his school when the Teacher read out Mustee P. & everyone burst out laughing.... from then on it was JOHN!

Arthur C.