Bill Lewis

Jim S
30th September 2010, 21:50
Today, 30th Sept 2010 I received the sad news that Bill Lewis a former marine engineer with Elders and Fyffes died today.
I never met Bill but we got in touch originally through SN and carried on regular communication by e-mail on our time with the company and of some of the people that we had both sailed with.
Originally from the UK, Bill emigrated to Australia.

Jim Souter

R58484956
1st October 2010, 13:39
Sincere condolences to Bill's family. RIP.

harryc1939
1st October 2010, 15:23
Today, 30th Sept 2010 I received the sad news that Bill Lewis a former marine engineer with Elders and Fyffes died today.
I never met Bill but we got in touch originally through SN and carried on regular communication by e-mail on our time with the company and of some of the people that we had both sailed with.
Originally from the UK, Bill emigrated to Australia.

Jim Souter

Hi Jim,
Also heard yesterday from Bill,s Daughter Jen of his passing,
sailed with Bill on the Changuinola an Officer and Gentleman of the ,
Highest Order, a very sad day,the world has lost one of it,s finest.

Harry Campbell

Billieboy
1st October 2010, 16:30
Another engineer gone to where there are no oil leaks, or scavange fires and all the turbines sing softly.

RIP BIll my condolences.

A.J.McMahon
1st October 2010, 20:21
So sorry and surprised to hear the sad news ! I had a very nice newsy e-mail from Bill back in Feb 2010 outlining some of the problems that they had encountered on the "S" class (ex twin screw turbo-electrics from United Fruit) I met up with him when visiting either the "S" or "C" class boats about 1960-62. My condolence to his family.

Basil
19th June 2011, 16:10
Too many good people I knew falling off their perches.

Scottseng
21st June 2011, 10:41
I reiterate everything that Harry has said as I sailed with on the same trip.

Tom Watt

billyboy
21st June 2011, 10:46
Condolences to his family at this sad time