Bank Line Reunion 2010

Waighty
14th October 2010, 13:50
The reunion this year went extremely well and I for one must place on record my appreciation for all the hard work Brian Lucy puts into the reunions and the association overall.

It is always good to meet with folk who you haven't seen in years and also to meet new folk, the names of whom you've seen on the crew lists that used to feature in the house magazines.

I'm aware that some people have made scathing comments about the association in these forums. To them I would say - instead of moaning start contributing. That way we all benefit.

Mike Waight

Duncan112
15th October 2010, 00:04
Well said Mike,

No strangers at the reunion, only friends you haven't met yet.

Good swag at the auction - next purchase a flagpole and shirt that takes cufflinks!!

Duncan

Waighty
15th October 2010, 12:14
Well said Mike,

No strangers at the reunion, only friends you haven't met yet.

Good swag at the auction - next purchase a flagpole and shirt that takes cufflinks!!

Duncan

Good morning Duncan,

I was really pleased to get the Appleyard book about Bank Line. I know it's only a potted history but great to see the photos of all their early vessels. Brian hinted that Ken Dagnall was about to do a complete history of the company; still checking facts at present. We'll have to meet up at the next reunion

Mike

Ben Masey
15th October 2010, 13:51
Good morning Duncan,

I was really pleased to get the Appleyard book about Bank Line. I know it's only a potted history but great to see the photos of all their early vessels. Brian hinted that Ken Dagnall was about to do a complete history of the company; still checking facts at present. We'll have to meet up at the next reunion

Mike

I really enjoyed the Reunion,perhaps next time we should have an extra lapel badge for Ships Nostalgia members.
To the many men who have been asking about him,Farquar MacKenzie and I spent most of the evening together,he is still in fine form!
Ben Masey

Charlie Stitt
15th October 2010, 16:20
It is good to see an increasing number of ex Bank Line personnell becoming Ships Nostalgia Members,(you may, or may not get a badge) but are you all aware, that for as little as 25 per year, you can also become Ships Nostalgia SUPPORTERS. Go to top of page and click on'' SUPPORT SN.''

Alistair Macnab
15th October 2010, 18:24
Ben.....
I, too, am pleased to hear that the Bank Line Reunion was a success. I take it, then, that the reunion dinners will be on future calendars for some time yet?

Alan Rawlinson
16th October 2010, 12:33
Anyone know what the turnout was?