Rowbothams

PJW
21st November 2005, 19:25
Anyone out there have any pictures of Rowbothams ships, particularly the chemical tankers. I was with Rowbothams for 9 years mostly on the chemical ships, we used to go all over on these small hard working ships. I would love to see some pictures.

meechingman
21st November 2005, 21:41
Hi

You'll find a few pix in my gallery. My father was with Rowbothams in the 50's.

Andy G

Jim Stevens
13th December 2005, 20:42
Anyone out there have any pictures of Rowbothams ships, particularly the chemical tankers. I was with Rowbothams for 9 years mostly on the chemical ships, we used to go all over on these small hard working ships. I would love to see some pictures.
I was on the Quarterman in the 1950's.
A happy little ship.
I can send you a piccie of her if you like.
Also look at the WSS Book 'Rowbotham' by Rev.A.Huckett

Cheers
Jim Stevens

Ahoy Jim,
I have edited out an email address posted on an Open Forum. This is not a good idea as, although with the best of intentions, it may result in some unwelcome mail arriving in your Inbox, and that's what you're not waiting for, isn't it?
If any Members wish to reply to Jim, you can do so via a PM[Private Message]

peter lewis
14th December 2005, 18:00
hi pjw sorry cant help with photos but sailed with rowbothams in the 80s as cook spent a lot of time on the vegaman also sailed on the helmsman/ tankerman/ marsman/ and astraman your comment of hard working little ships is spot on but overall happy little ships never knew where you would end up next more good times and good memories

PJW
14th December 2005, 21:13
Hi Peter
I remeber your name but cannot put a face to it. But as you know you sailed with that many people in Rowbothams that remebering them all is difficult. You certainly listed some of my old ships. I was regular Mate on Vegaman when she came back from Mexico. Then moved to Stellaman for a year before attending college for my Masters ticket.
I hope life is treating you well.
Regards
Peter Wilkinson

rmuckle
5th February 2009, 18:57

Hi PJW,

I have just found this site.. If you still require photos of Rowbothams ships, I have uploaded 3 to Shipspotting.com. They are in the section "Tankers built before 1970" Sorry they are all of oil tankers.
My father worked for Rowbothams on these ships during the 50s/60s

Regards

Rick Muckle