Grab Dredger Kenfig

ivor216
15th November 2010, 18:25
Trying to find out what happened to the grab dredger Burcom Sand. Built in 1954 for Port Talbot as the Kenfig transfered to Hull in the 1960s and renamed the Burcom Sand, she was still working in 1982.

Regards,
Ivor 216

Billieboy
15th November 2010, 19:24
All that time in Swansea ivor, you must know Grahame Prosser the Dock M&E Engineer, he was at Barry but then got promoted to Swansea. I served my time in Cardiff when he was working his way up.

ivor216
15th November 2010, 19:47
All that time in Swansea ivor, you must know Grahame Prosser the Dock M&E Engineer, he was at Barry but then got promoted to Swansea. I served my time in Cardiff when he was working his way up.

Hi Bill,
I did not spend all that time with the docks, I started in 1977 and retired in 1998. The Port Engineer when I started was Flower and the Marine Engineer ( a friend of mine ) was Dereck Huxtable. I retired as Electrical Supervisor. At the moment myself and Ian Rogerson are kept busy with our website. www.swanseadocks.co.uk

Regards,

Ivor Lewis

Billieboy
16th November 2010, 05:22
Ah well Ivor, he must have moved on before '77, never mind. BTW well done on the blues match last week.

Anchorman
16th November 2010, 09:01
Trying to find out what happened to the grab dredger Burcom Sand. Built in 1954 for Port Talbot as the Kenfig transfered to Hull in the 1960s and renamed the Burcom Sand, she was still working in 1982.

Regards,
Ivor 216

Hello Ivor.
I think you may have got the names wrong. The Kenfig became the Hedon Sand owned by Dave Cook of Hull and scrapped at New Holland. I have put a link to another site for you to have a look at. http://eastcoasters.fotopic.net/p43024154.html If you need anymore info send me a PM and I will try to find out for you.
Best rgds.
Neil

ivor216
16th November 2010, 14:00
Hi Neil,
Many thanks for the information. When searching for the Burcom Sand one of the results had her as the ex Kenfig. The Hedon Sand and the Burcom Sand look very simular. but the stern pasage on the Hedon Sand is the same as the Kenfig. Will update our website with the correct information

Best Regards
Ivor Lewis

Duke
23rd November 2010, 16:11
Hi, my name is Duke Palfi. Together with Bert Lodonk we are gathering info on dredgers, the owners and the shipyards for the site dredgepoint.org. I took the liberty to copy the info on Marinex to our site, but if I disregards a rule with this action, please let me know.

Sorry, I posted this one in the wrong tread. I will try to find the right one and do it again

Billieboy
23rd November 2010, 18:49
Hi, my name is Duke Palfi. Together with Bert Lodonk we are gathering info on dredgers, the owners and the shipyards for the site dredgepoint.org. I took the liberty to copy the info on Marinex to our site, but if I disregards a rule with this action, please let me know.

Sorry, I posted this one in the wrong tread. I will try to find the right one and do it again

Hoi Duke! welkom aan bord van onder het moerdijk. Ik heb lang gewerkt in Dordrecht. Beste wensen voor een goede vaart.

Duke
24th November 2010, 12:50
Hoi Billieboy. Bedank voor je welkom. Moet je wel zeggen, dat de enig keer, dat ik water zie is als ik over de brug naar Sliedrecht rij :-)