Looking for

Waighty
26th November 2010, 12:19
Do any of you RFA chaps know the whereabouts of Ian Gough? I believe he was Master with RFA for some years and must have retired within the last couple of years. I ask since we were both at school together in Hong Kong and also at pre-sea at Warsash. Our paths crossed a couple of times when I was up for 2nd and 1st Mates in London. He started life as cadet with Blue Star and was on the Scottish Star when she was stuck in the Suez Canal in 1967. I bleieve he came ashore at one stage but obviously returned to sea with RFA I think.

Billieboy
26th November 2010, 16:23
Do any of you RFA chaps know the whereabouts of Ian Gough? I believe he was Master with RFA for some years and must have retired within the last couple of years. I ask since we were both at school together in Hong Kong and also at pre-sea at Warsash. Our paths crossed a couple of times when I was up for 2nd and 1st Mates in London. He started life as cadet with Blue Star and was on the Scottish Star when she was stuck in the Suez Canal in 1967. I bleieve he came ashore at one stage but obviously returned to sea with RFA I think.

Were you both staying at anchor house, in the summer of '67?

Purser52
27th November 2010, 23:06
I have no idea of Ian's current wherabouts (other than currently retired) but I had the great pleasure of serving with him in Olmeda (CO Capt JRJ Carew OBE) in 1992 when he was Chief Officer. One of life's gentlemen. I recall his Christmas present from the Officer's Mess that year was a choke chain for the Bosun!

TARBATNESS
28th November 2010, 15:55
Ian retired a few years back and I believe now lives in the Kent area. He was a great guy and real gent.