Rfa And Rmas Gallery.

OLD STRAWBERRY
1st December 2010, 14:50
I am not sure whether or not I should write this but I do feel that I should air my thoughts on this.
As no doubt all of You EX and Serving RFA members know by now that I have been trying to persuade Management for quite sometime now, to set up a seperate gallery Section for all YC/PAS/RMAS vessels. Well, as You will also probably know by now that they have decided to create a Gallery section that will include all MOD Auxilliary Vessels also including Customs vessels. I have spoken personally to the Senior MOD' by PM and this is Their final decision. I did suggest that some members may not be altogether happy about this decision and perhaps They might re-consider Their position on this subject but at this time it will stand. Well for my part I am happy that my Dockyard Vessels will be taken out of the Commercial Sector but it is still far short of the appropriate solution for us all. So I feel that I must say sorry to all of the Devout RFA members who may well be very disappointed at this decision and after a long struggle to get Your own section as well. The MOD's did try and explain to me Their reasoning behind Their final decision but I hope They will in due course put Their position on the Forum so You will all understand.

Regards. Tony Straw.

senior pilot
4th December 2010, 20:41
thats a right mishmash of the rfa gallery are you going to transfer all cd, pas,and rmas pictures into it so that we can find any picture we might want to look at

Steve
4th December 2010, 21:01
What is it you want strawberry? what is the appropriate solution?

Burned Toast
4th December 2010, 21:51
Just leave it, lots of members have been with RFa and commercial vessels back and forth.

Ray

zero
5th December 2010, 02:57
I think Senior Pilot is correct in what he says, the RFA gallery has become a mish mash. There's recently been two photographs of Smit tugs placed in it, albeit they're towing an RFA which is barely or not in sight, the pictures are titled Smit. There should be two galleries one for MoD harbour craft, ie CD dept, PAS and RMAS and another gallery for Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels after all they are complety separate in their management.

Kinnie
5th December 2010, 10:00
Hear hear! That is what OS has been pleading for for years.

Andy
5th December 2010, 11:06
There is a new category entitled
"YC/PAS/RMAS Vessels"

cheers,
Andy

senior pilot
5th December 2010, 13:31
common sense prevails is it easy to move our pictures?

Pat Kennedy
5th December 2010, 17:07
I think Senior Pilot is correct in what he says, the RFA gallery has become a mish mash. There's recently been two photographs of Smit tugs placed in it, albeit they're towing an RFA which is barely or not in sight, the pictures are titled Smit. There should be two galleries one for MoD harbour craft, ie CD dept, PAS and RMAS and another gallery for Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels after all they are complety separate in their management.

Regarding the two photos of Smit tugs wrongly categorised as RFA photos, I am the culprit. However, as soon as I realised that I had up loaded these two pics into the wrong category, inadvertantly I might add, I reported them to the mods with a request that they be moved. That was within two minutes of posting them.
I do know the difference between an RFA ship and a tug.
(Smoke)

senior pilot
5th December 2010, 18:35
thanks very much for the new gallery will you be checking all the gallerys to find all the pas /rmas ships. it's great that all we have to do now is click on one gallery .

James_C
5th December 2010, 20:16
Senior Pilot,
To answer your earlier query, only Moderators can move photos between categories and with the volume of photos involved it is quite a lengthy process.
Most of the photos have now been transferred over, it's just a matter now of finding the other shots which aren't obviously labelled RMAS/PAS/YC etc and moving them.
For those photos that have been missed, I'd ask members to PM myself and I'll happily move them.

senior pilot
5th December 2010, 23:38
Have Been Through My Gallery And Renamed Some Of My Pictures Which Might Help You Find Them . Have Renamed Then Cd/pas Or Just P A S

OLD STRAWBERRY
6th December 2010, 17:54
There is a new category entitled
"YC/PAS/RMAS Vessels"

cheers,
Andy

Sorry All but I have been away for a few days so this is the first time that I have reviewed the progress of this thread.
Yes Andy, this is exactly what I wanted a separate gallery section for all YARD CRAFT/PORT AUXILLIARY SERVICE/ROYAL MARITIME AUXILLIARY SERVICE . I did not want them to be put into the RFA section. I did think that I made that perfectly clear. The last thing I wanted to do was to upset the RFA contingent.
My unending thanks to all Moderators for setting up Our own section.

OLD STRAWBERRY
6th December 2010, 18:06
I have just has a look at the new section and it's absolutely brilliant. I do however feel that there are lot more pics to transfer. A few more of the PAS Cockchafer also RMAS Auricula are in there somewhere. Many thanks.