Middleborugh Constantine Tech Eng Cadets 59-61

david freeman
16th December 2010, 11:27
I was wondering if any of you sailed with Frank Williams or Brian Phelps. Frank came from Haverford West and Brian from Mumbles- (He later sailed with the PO Tanker Co Trident)

chadburn
16th December 2010, 11:52
Like many other Shipyard Apprentices I travelled from Darlington to Constantine College to study Marine Engineering although before 1959, the College now named Teesside University was named after the owner of the old Shipping Company of Constantine's. Susannah (out of Trinny and Susannah clothes duo) is a member of the Constantine Shipping Family. I do know of a Brian Phelp's but alway's thought he was a local to the area. Short and very stocky if I remember correctly.

david freeman
18th December 2010, 19:25
Like many other Shipyard Apprentices I travelled from Darlington to Constantine College to study Marine Engineering although before 1959, the College now named Teesside University was named after the owner of the old Shipping Company of Constantine's. Susannah (out of Trinny and Susannah clothes duo) is a member of the Constantine Shipping Family. I do know of a Brian Phelp's but alway's thought he was a local to the area. Short and very stocky if I remember correctly. Brian was short and stocky black hair @ the time and spoke with a Taffy' accent he would now be some 68 years old.

chadburn
22nd December 2010, 13:54
David, did he do any boxing by any chance?

david freeman
23rd December 2010, 15:16
David, did he do any boxing by any chance?.
As I remember NO. He had a sedate figure, and a bulging midrift

chadburn
29th December 2010, 15:25
Sorry David it look's there are at least two Brian Phelp's from the past.