Uniform In WW2

Suentimb
26th December 2010, 12:04
Hello chaps..
Just a quick question..
In WW2 did Blue Funnel Officers wear company buttons and cap badges on their uniform or was it strictly BoT issued stuff?

I'm putting together a Merchant Navy impression for WW2 events and want to base it on BF as my father served with the company from '58 to'71.

Cheers
Tim Bickerdike

teb
26th December 2010, 12:21
Hello chaps..
Just a quick question..
In WW2 did Blue Funnel Officers wear company buttons and cap badges on their uniform or was it strictly BoT issued stuff?

I'm putting together a Merchant Navy impression for WW2 events and want to base it on BF as my father served with the company from '58 to'71.

Cheers
Tim Bickerdike

Tim- I was with BF from 1943 until 1952 at no time did I wear company buttons or cap badge-can honestly say I have no recollection of any officer I sailed with wearing company regalia.But then again others may have differant recollections.

Suentimb
26th December 2010, 13:32
Tim- I was with BF from 1943 until 1952 at no time did I wear company buttons or cap badge-can honestly say I have no recollection of any officer I sailed with wearing company regalia.But then again others may have differant recollections.

Thanks for the reply, looks like I'll have to find some Board of Trade buttons then...
Though I think I'll keep my Alfred Holt buttons too...
Tim B