30th November 2005, 20:34
I have a Nikon Coolpix 5200 & recently spilt some water over the camera, I dried the outside & every thing was working OK. After leaving the camera for 2 days I loaded battery & SD card & attempted to switch on.......Nothing has happened since, the battery still holds charge & I managed to download the pics off the SD card. I have got it covered on my house contents but before getting in touch with the insurer is there anything I could do to get it working again? It has been in a towel on the radiator for 2 days, I checked twice to see if it would work but without success. Yes I did put the battery back in too! & it was fully charged. Thank you in advance. (Thumb)
30th November 2005, 22:04
Condensation may have got inside placing it on the radiator,try using a hair dryer blowing on it for awhile.
1st December 2005, 08:21
Thanks John. I am doing that now. (Thumb)
1st December 2005, 09:25
You may be outta luck, Pat! There is so much electronic circuitry in these things and you've probably shorted the lot. Happened to me this year in the States when I rolled a kayak! Had my Canon G3 in my pocket, say no more. Pretty water-shy these little guys. Good job I was only using it as a backup to my main digi gear. Tried the hairdryer treatment to no avail. Lot of money involved getting it repaired (even if Canon would repair it after 3 years!) so now it sits at home with the rest of the 'ancient' equipment!!
1st December 2005, 11:54
I'll get in touch with the insurance people after the weekend. Luckily none of the pics on the SD card were damaged. I have a few cameras so will take better care next time? (Thumb) Thanks guys!