Lancastrian and Hillshepperd?

Mick Spear
15th January 2011, 12:02
Where are these guys? Not seen a post, reply or anything from either for a while. Hope all is okay with both?
Mick S

Satanic Mechanic
15th January 2011, 12:04
Also Trampshipman

Mick Spear
15th January 2011, 12:11
Also Trampshipman

SM
Your right mate! Maybe we should be doing a bit more of SN board watch. Some good people on here and it's a shame when we don't realise they haven't been on site for a while. maybe we should have a monthly muster?
Mick S

sparkie2182
15th January 2011, 12:46
Trampshipman sent me a couple of PM's last September expressing concern for some of the posts here.

I suggested he overlook them as many do, and just enjoy the site as a whole.

I too noticed his absence, and am sorry if he has decided it isn't worth the time.

Kinnie
15th January 2011, 13:30
Hillshepherd was in the gallery this morning - http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/266302/title/rfa-reliant/cat/527

Mick Spear
15th January 2011, 13:44
Hillshepherd was in the gallery this morning - http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/266302/title/rfa-reliant/cat/527

Many thanks Kinnie. By the way, i would swap my young age for your retirement any day! Hope retirement is being kind to you?
Mick S

Kinnie
15th January 2011, 13:57
Thank you, yes, its much better than working.

Stevo
15th January 2011, 15:26
I must admit to having wondered where these chaps dissapeared to. Two members who contributed so much to the galleries and forums, I hope they are well.

hillshepherd
15th January 2011, 23:11
I must admit to having wondered where these chaps dissapeared to. Two members who contributed so much to the galleries and forums, I hope they are well.

I am very touched by Members concerns - the truth is I have been overtaken by the good ship "Anno Domini". I am afraid I ignored my own standing orders that "the OOW should be constantly alert, keeping a lookout ahead AND FREQUENTLY ASTERN" ! Ship's dog Tin Tin and I both have a number of health issues which prevented Mrs Hillshepherd and me attending the Merchant Navy Medal presentation at Trinity House on 13th December, plus we have been snowed in a lot of the time in our North Pennines lookout station. Happy to say the Chief Coastguard received my medal on my behalf from Lord West and I will be presented with it locally some time soon. Recovery was also temporarily halted by collision with drive gravel caused by early morning navigation on black ice - so spent a lot of last weekend nursing bruises and at Hexham Hospital.Thank goodness they do not practice 'triage' down there - would have been a poor lookout for me ! Thank you again - I will be back on the case soon and will even find my avatar which seems to have sunk for the moment !
Best wishes Rex

R736476
16th January 2011, 05:06
Rex,
We hope you are both on the mend and that the snow is melting north of The Wall.
Best Wishes for 2011,
Alex

duquesa
16th January 2011, 19:33
What happened to Ruud?

randcmackenzie
16th January 2011, 22:28
And Steve Woodward?

NickNZ
19th January 2011, 06:52
Monthly muster is a good idea. Too many good souls go missing, too soon.
There is a lot tyo be learnt from the wise ones.
Maybe there should be a "Yoda" forum?

King Ratt
19th January 2011, 14:40
I suspect Lancastrian has been tied up with the Plymouth site where the photo section has had problems. Hopefully it is now on the mend along with Hillshepherd.

dab
19th January 2011, 16:26
I think your probably correct there KR. I don't suppose it would do any harm and set a few minds at rest if someone dropped him a private message. Seeing as I am suggesting it I will contact him. Watch this space!

King Ratt
19th January 2011, 16:50
Watching! David.

dab
20th January 2011, 16:16
I sent a message to "Lancastrian" yesterday enquiring as to his wellbeing and he replied stating that all is well and he is busy as you suggested Rab!

King Ratt
20th January 2011, 16:35
I also had a commication from him. All is well.

Cheers

Rab T/KR

Norm
4th February 2011, 02:35
I also hope that Hillshepherd makes a happy return. As a very, very, amateur follower of the RFA, I couldn't help but notice the great improvement and knowledge that the shepherd of the hills brought to the site. RESPECT.

Mick Spear
4th February 2011, 07:16
Good to get news of these chaps. Hope you are back on the case soon Rex.
Mick S

hillshepherd
4th February 2011, 09:27
I also hope that Hillshepherd makes a happy return. As a very, very, amateur follower of the RFA, I couldn't help but notice the great improvement and knowledge that the shepherd of the hills brought to the site. RESPECT.

Norm - thank you so much for those very kind remarks which I appreciate very much. I have lived in the RFA family across seven decades now so I have seen a lot and learned a few things along the way. One of the joys of these forums is that we older hands can share some of that, and if that is of interest then I am a happy man indeed. Thank you too, Mick, for your words also. I am recovering from a very difficult winter but hope to resolve all OPDEFS shortly and resume full Operational Effectiveness.
Kindest regards Rex (Hillshepherd) (Thumb)

duquesa
6th February 2011, 19:43
I mentioned Ruud's name a while back. Nothing from him for a long time (as far as I can see). He was a great, regular poster and a massive mine of information. I do hope he is OK.

Norm
7th February 2011, 01:07
What has happened to (Young) Strawberry, the champion barbed wire hurdler? . I hope his tragic accident has not finally done for him.

OLD STRAWBERRY
7th February 2011, 15:22
What has happened to (Young) Strawberry, the champion barbed wire hurdler? . I hope his tragic accident has not finally done for him.

No, He is still around but too busy studying for His 500 ton Tug masters Certificate at this time.

Mick Spear
10th February 2011, 01:48
What happened to Ruud?

Yes, good point Duquesa, Ruud was a regular on here. Lets hope we get some news of his whereabouts?
Mick S