Which Ship?

tonymorcom
24th January 2011, 10:49
OK Houlders' crew members. Anyone identify the ship this funnel from the 1970's belongs to?. I think it was Cumbria but 100% sure.
From my discharge book and the approx time it was taken it must be one of the following:
Sagamore, Joule, Clerk-Maxwell, Humboldt, Cumbria or Lynton Grange.

julianl
24th January 2011, 12:19
Don't think it would be Cumbria as she was Hadleys Sunshine Cruises.

merrymagpie
24th January 2011, 13:39
OK Houlders' crew members. Anyone identify the ship this funnel from the 1970's belongs to?. I think it was Cumbria but 100% sure.
From my discharge book and the approx time it was taken it must be one of the following:
Sagamore, Joule, Clerk-Maxwell, Humboldt, Cumbria or Lynton Grange.

Joule, humboldt or max

Orbitaman
24th January 2011, 14:07
Definitely not the Clerk-Maxwell and doesn't look like the Humboldt, so I'd go for the Joule. What is for certain is that it was one of the tankers chartered by Gazocean, hence the fiery kipper.

tonymorcom
24th January 2011, 14:44
Yep I had come to the conclusion that Joule was most likely since that is the ship I seemed to take most photos on at that time.

Thanks guys

Old Bakelite
24th January 2011, 15:20
On the Joule in Port de Bouc at that graffiti daubed jetty. Painted a big Maltese Cross during the night so the skipper could see it from the bridgewing when we departed.

exsailor
25th January 2011, 12:23
Yep I had come to the conclusion that Joule was most likely since that is the ship I seemed to take most photos on at that time.

Thanks guys

Tony,

Have a look at the photos of Joule on the "Fotoflite" website. If you 'blow up' the sample images you can make out two funnel markings.

Dennis.

vasco
25th January 2011, 20:32
this pic of mine http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/94859/title/joule-1975/cat/500 shows a squat funnel on the joule, may match up with yours. Also you had the bronzy deck above the bar which i think would have given you the vantage point of taking the snap.

tonymorcom
25th January 2011, 22:17
this pic of mine http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/94859/title/joule-1975/cat/500 shows a squat funnel on the joule, may match up with yours. Also you had the bronzy deck above the bar which i think would have given you the vantage point of taking the snap.

Thanks for that bud. Have just posted a couple more photos of the Joule taken between Feb & July 1975.

Regards

saltyswamp
31st January 2011, 15:47
Joule allways had a blue kipper when I sailed on her.
regards stuart

norsea
4th February 2011, 18:48
I think you may find the funnel marking of the long forgotten "Avogadro". I sailed in her as 1st mate under the late Capt.Tom Woolcott.
Regards
Angus Davidson