Fleetlist Blue Star Line

DickG
30th March 2011, 12:37
As Dutchman I am very interested in the beautiful ships of Blue Star. With respect to a fleetlist of Blue Star I wonder whether there exists a follw-up of the 1985 WSS publication by Tony Atkinson and Kevin O' Donoghue. I know the company had many more ships after that year.

Dick Gorter

R58484956
30th March 2011, 14:50
Dick go to http://www.bluestarline.org An excellent site with plenty of details.

BillH
30th March 2011, 16:51
As Dutchman I am very interested in the beautiful ships of Blue Star. With respect to a fleetlist of Blue Star I wonder whether there exists a follw-up of the 1985 WSS publication by Tony Atkinson and Kevin O' Donoghue. I know the company had many more ships after that year.

Dick Gorter

There was a proposal about 4 or 5 years ago by Tony Atkinson to revise and enlarge the original work through the WSS but for reasons best known to Tony he withdrew the proposal and I believe from what I have been told offered the opportunity to publish a revision to Ship In Focus Publications but since that time I have heard nothing.

China hand
30th March 2011, 18:49
Dick, The Blue Star Line website is excellent.

DickG
30th March 2011, 23:25
It would be fantastic if John Clarkson's Ships in Focus Publications would consider to make a Blue Star Line book of the quality of his Ben Line, Harrison Line and Clan Line books. These are the best available of its kind.

Dick Gorter