Palm Line stuff

kev695
13th December 2005, 19:22
I came across this site whilst surfing the net for stuff about Palm Line. My dad, Rod Harlow was with Palm Line, his only company whilst he was in the merchant navy, from (I think) 1962 to 1970 on the West Africa routes.

My original idea was to try and get hold of a Palm Line flag (in my ignorance thinking this would be simple as "you can buy anything off the internet theses days" according to some!) and give to him as a present.

This has proved to be a pretty fruitless excercise but I still want to pursue something along these lines and was wondering if anybody knew of any websites or anything where it would be possible to get hold of any old Palm Line-related items. I found one site where someone was selling a Palm Line T-shirt, wine glass, wine mats and matchbox but that's all so far.

If anybody has any suggestions or knows of anything which may be of any help whatsoever I'd be most grateful. I'm not holding out much hope about the flag but again any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Of course, anybody who might remember Rodney Harlow please feel free to drop a line also. I believe he started off as 4th Mate and eventually a navigation officer.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Kevin

gdynia
13th December 2005, 19:40
Kev

Im due home this week I think I still have a Palm Line Flag in the house, if so Mate will send it to you. Will drop you a PM in a few days time

R651400
14th December 2005, 08:38
Kev

Im due home this week I think I still have a Palm Line Flag in the house, if so Mate will send it to you. Will drop you a PM in a few days time

A houseflag from Palm Line via Gdynia is a real and rare winner Kevin.
I'm sure you can get t-shirts printed locally.
Send me a private message with your email address and will get a Palm Line logo to you by return. See attachment.

thunderd
14th December 2005, 09:48
Kev

Now that is what I call generousity and is typical of what makes this such a truly magnificant site. (Applause)

P.S. Anyone got any spare cash they can send me? LOL

non descript
14th December 2005, 09:51
Now that is what I call generousity and is typical of what makes this such a truly magnificant site. (Applause)

P.S. Anyone got any spare cash they can send me? LOL

yes spot on Derek and very well done Gydnia (Applause)

kev695
14th December 2005, 10:59
Kev

Really, are you sure?? If you do manage to find it that would be great, I'll look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much for taking the the time to have a look, it really is much appreciated.

Kev

gdynia
14th December 2005, 13:30
Really, are you sure?? If you do manage to find it that would be great, I'll look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much for taking the the time to have a look, it really is much appreciated.

Kev

Kev

No problems Mate Im away home today arriving tommorow so give me a couple of days with family and will look for it

jim barnes
14th December 2005, 14:06
i have some spare cash for Thundered? but how do i add atachments to this message. all i get is script prompt which means nothing to me!! (egg)
PS spare cash in GALLERY VIEW now

R651400
15th December 2005, 05:33
i have some spare cash for Thundered? but how do i add atachments to this message. all i get is script prompt which means nothing to me!! (egg)
PS spare cash in GALLERY VIEW now
What seems to be the problem Jim?

jim barnes
15th December 2005, 11:00
cheers malcome you pasted your ok but i cant do it hows it done? help im just a dumb ass!!!

william dillon
15th December 2005, 23:08
cheers malcome you pasted your ok but i cant do it hows it done? help im just a dumb ass!!!

Jim,
It's dead easy, just send me a cheque for 50.00. & I'll send a Pound coin, told you, it's dead easy.... lol
Billy (Thumb)

Palmship
17th December 2005, 12:40
Damn! Wish I'd though of asking for a flag! Been trying to get hold of one for years!

gdynia
17th December 2005, 18:30

Kev
Kev

Drop me a PM with a postal address I have found the flag and several more Palm Line Memrobilia and will post it onto you.
Rgds
Gdynia