Independent Voyager

jonesboat
5th June 2011, 08:23
Visit to Liverpool yesterday, managed this quick-pic. Believe this container ship is a newcomer to Liverpool.

jaigee
5th June 2011, 10:01
I watched her come in on AIS (http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=mersey) after seeing her enter the river on Wirralcam (http://www.wirralcam.com/).

Unusually, I thought that she was going into Birkenhead as the tugs did not turn her until the Wallasey Ferry Terminal. However, she was then towed back to the north end Container Terminal (http://www.shipais.com/showship.php?mmsi=636092181).

jaigee
5th June 2011, 12:12
12 noon - looks like she's off again (See AIS).

Alistair Macnab
23rd June 2011, 21:25
If this ship is operating for Independent Container Line (ICL) then she is somewhat off-route. Normally this line's ships sail between Antwerp and the Delaware River and Norfolk (for Richmond).
The Line started life from the remains of Contract Marine Carriers (CMC) of Richmond and is still going strong unless this visit to the Mersey indicates some new development!

Pat Kennedy
23rd June 2011, 22:09
If this ship is operating for Independent Container Line (ICL) then she is somewhat off-route. Normally this line's ships sail between Antwerp and the Delaware River and Norfolk (for Richmond).
The Line started life from the remains of Contract Marine Carriers (CMC) of Richmond and is still going strong unless this visit to the Mersey indicates some new development!

Alistair,
ICL ships are regular visitors to Liverpool, Ive got several pictures in my gallery of Independent Accord and Pursuit dating back to 2009, but I've seen them here for at least ten years.
Regardsa,
Pat

John Dryden
23rd June 2011, 22:18
Wonder what what is in the containers,special cargo?

bob nightingale
23rd June 2011, 22:42
Not sure but i think i saw this vessel of the pier head.
She had two tugs one foreward and one stern,both had the big fire hoses
operating, so i presumed it was a publicity photo shoot.
Cheers
Bob

TonyAllen
23rd June 2011, 23:30
?????? Special cargo? who knows ,last 3 days chinooks have being flying over our house 2 at a time very slow and quite low, one day towards the preston area and next day towards the south manchester way, today again manchester
way who knows Tony

Pat Kennedy
24th June 2011, 06:50
?????? Special cargo? who knows ,last 3 days chinooks have being flying over our house 2 at a time very slow and quite low, one day towards the preston area and next day towards the south manchester way, today again manchester
way who knows Tony
Tony,
Thats the new black pudding delivery service!
PatB\)

Alistair Macnab
24th June 2011, 18:20
Alistair,
ICL ships are regular visitors to Liverpool, Ive got several pictures in my gallery of Independent Accord and Pursuit dating back to 2009, but I've seen them here for at least ten years.
Regardsa,
Pat

Pat.....
Thank you for your kind information. I did not know that they called at Liverpool. Originally their schedule and ships speed were too tight to make additional calls within a three-ship rotation, but now they are doing so. Makes sense to go where the cargo is! Are they calling at Liverpool as first discharging port or last loading port?
Alistair.

Pat Kennedy
24th June 2011, 19:15
Pat.....
Thank you for your kind information. I did not know that they called at Liverpool. Originally their schedule and ships speed were too tight to make additional calls within a three-ship rotation, but now they are doing so. Makes sense to go where the cargo is! Are they calling at Liverpool as first discharging port or last loading port?
Alistair.

Alistair,
The Independent Concept has arrived here from Antwerp. I think this is the last loading port, but I'll keep an eye on AIS when she sails to get her destination.
Regards,
Pat

Pat Kennedy
25th June 2011, 15:38
Alistair,
Independent Concept left Liverpool at 0700 today, bound for Chester PA. So, it would seem to confirm that Liverpool is the last loading port.
She is currently in the South Irish Sea making 17.5 knots.
regards,
Pat

Alistair Macnab
25th June 2011, 18:38
Thanks, Pat.
Fuller message on your own private SN site which records a full inbox!
Alistair.

Pat Kennedy
25th June 2011, 18:59
Thanks, Pat.
Fuller message on your own private SN site which records a full inbox!
Alistair.

Sorry Alistair, I have now made room in my inbox.
Regards,
Pat