Tilbury Dredging Co.

danube4
22nd December 2005, 20:09
Tug Danube4, towing Bow Creek (Dummy Barge). From dredger in kGV dock, down the Thames to the Barrow Deep dumping site, near the Tongue Light Ship 1958. We had barges on short tow untill we passed Tilbury. We then went to long tow. I think it was 200ft, memory not to good now. It was about twelve hour trip to Barrow Deep and back. Can't remember if Barges carried 1 or 2 thousand tons of sludge.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all. Thank you all for making Ships Nostalgia Such an excelent and friendly site.
All the best. Barney.

danube4
1st February 2006, 01:08
Delated the picture by mistake.

flyer682
1st February 2006, 02:02
And is that you in the photo Barney?

danube4
1st February 2006, 02:36
Yes its me David. Not long been aboard from my 24hrs off. Did'nt have time to change before getting out of dock. Cook took the photo just before i went to get changed. We did 6hr watches, and i was on 2-8 as soon as i came aboard. Great days. 22 and in my prime.

Dave Lark
5th January 2007, 23:29
I was on an old bucket type dredger of the Tilbury Dredging Co working off Shell Haven in late 1950 I can't remember her name. I think she had a crew of about 9 or so & one cook. any one know her name? Dave Lark

danube4
3rd March 2007, 23:29
I was on an old bucket type dredger of the Tilbury Dredging Co working off Shell Haven in late 1950 I can't remember her name. I think she had a crew of about 9 or so & one cook. any one know her name? Dave Lark

Hi dave, could the bucket dredger you were on have been the, "Dredgwell" Built 1915, or "Gadsden". Built 1913. There was another one "Stewart Clan"
Built 1936. I have seen a pic somewhere of one of them with the Deptford Creek hopper along side. Will try to find it. I was on Danube 4 tug. 1950s. We used to take the hoppers from the dredgers to the dumping grounds. I think it was near the Tounge Lightship.

All the best. Barney.(Thumb)

calorpig
20th December 2007, 18:01
anyone know a bucket dredger called "bucketeer" worked on river orwell and Stour also beeverwijk 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------