Hello from Hull UK

Ash Davison
4th July 2011, 22:15
Hello everyone, interested in images and information about Ellerman Wilson Line, North Sea Ferries and United towing.

Ash

billyboy
4th July 2011, 23:11
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Ash Davison
4th July 2011, 23:29
Thanks Billy Boy

gdynia
5th July 2011, 07:29
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

hawkey01
5th July 2011, 13:26
Ash,

welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

captain61
5th July 2011, 14:18
Welcome aboard this great site

Stephen

ALLAN WILD
5th July 2011, 16:15
Hi Ash
I have sent you a PM by email.

R58484956
5th July 2011, 17:20
Greetings Ash and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Geoff Makem
27th November 2011, 16:04
Hello everyone, interested in images and information about Ellerman Wilson Line, North Sea Ferries and United towing.

AshHi Ash, I sailed with EWL early 70s. Destro, Domino, Hero, Surrey, Miranda Cavello 3rd/2nd Eng. Geoff Makem

Ash Davison
27th November 2011, 21:27
Hi Geoff.

Thanks for your post. My Dad Ted Davison worked for Ellermans in the office at Commercial Road, he always called it as the corner Wilberforce forgot. He Moved to NSF in 1965 as freight manager until he retired in 1987.

My interest with United towing is through my uncle Peter Davison who worked for them in the 60's. He also worked for Rowbottom Tankers sailing as Chief on the Pointsman.

Ash

Mike Hemmington
18th April 2012, 00:40
Hi Ash,
I would have been working as an apprentice at the Drypool Engineering & Drydock co Ltd, in the early 60's. We use to drydock the the Tugs at the High Street Drydocks in Hull or travel out to the docks they were berthed at.

Remembered myself and a fellow apprentice 17/18yrs having a go at being stokers and trying to maintaining steam, (I think it was the Yorkshireman), we couldn't do it, backs just about broke, the full time stoker took over, he was as skinny as a barge pole and he made it look so easy and effortless, we both snook away with our tails between our legs. There many occations working on United Towing Tugs but don,t remember names of many of them I worked on, Krooman and Tollman (after she capsized in one of the Holderness Rd Docks) but thats about all.

Regards Mike