Swing - High - Swing - Low

kwg
8th July 2011, 12:43
What do you think guys, watching the tugs and what I assume is the pilot cutter I don't see a 3m swell....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyrztAn_hV8&feature=player_embedded

woodend
8th July 2011, 12:57
I would definitely agree with you in regards to the stability. Shore computer stowage of containers or sudden port rotation change? It would have been interesting watching a turn!

Johnnietwocoats
8th July 2011, 22:42
I would think thon ship is in trouble......(Jester)

Top Heavy and lucky not to be rolling over....(Fly)

pete
9th July 2011, 11:42
I would think thon ship is in trouble......(Jester)

Top Heavy and lucky not to be rolling over....(Fly)

She is lucky not to arrive at an angle of Loll. What a bl**dy mess.......pete(MAD) (MAD) (MAD)

joebuckham
9th July 2011, 11:57
fairweather sailors !!! i thought all ships rolled like that(Bounce)

jmcg
9th July 2011, 12:48
Yes Joe - I agree!

Nothing like WNA

J

China hand
9th July 2011, 19:35
Now in MY day, we 'ad it tuff.....

stores
9th July 2011, 21:16
Mv Wanstead In Ballast Could Roll Like A Barrel On North Atlantic Winter Runs, But Never Seeing It Fom Ashore, So Hard To Compare, I Know It Went On For Days, Looking At This Is Scary, Feel Sorry For Todays Crews, Living In Tower Blocks, Imagine How It Must Be On The Bridge, The Higher U Go , The Worse The Roll. At Least We Were More Or Less Main Deck Level,(eek)

Ian Harrod
17th July 2011, 03:32
The clue was in the video - Taranaki. Beam on to a big swell. There is a lot of swell induced movement alongside as well; popping mooring lines is very common.

Donald McGhee
27th July 2011, 03:33
Taranaki has a great reputation for good surf from big swells. I live there and enjoy going down to the port and watch big ships coming in, while giving the wife a running commentary as to what they are doing, what the tugs do etc, etc. Great video though, haven't seen that degree of rolling!

spongebob
27th July 2011, 04:04
Bad news for the Port of New Plymouth with the announcement that Maersk is dropping NP off its schedule.

Bob