Harrison's Liverpool

Donald Macleod25
21st July 2011, 16:44
Hi to any old shipmates!
Left Harrison's in 1982 to come ashore as pilot to Stornoway harbour finally putting seaboots away in 2004. took early retirement .Took early retirement before pension pot disappeared and now enjoying the good life. haven't had much time to get into the in's and out's of this website - but hi to all who know me.

hawkey01
21st July 2011, 17:58
Donald,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

captain61
21st July 2011, 18:10
Welcome aboard this great site

Stephen

billyboy
22nd July 2011, 08:43
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.

Donald Macleod25
22nd July 2011, 17:18
Thanks all. I was also 2nd. Cox. to Stornoway lifeboat from 1986 to 1995

R58484956
26th July 2011, 14:55
Greetings Donald and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

sam2182sw
27th July 2011, 16:29
Hi Don welcome to the site my brother in law servrd his time with Harrisons T.J. his name is Peter Tate and served with them as 3rd mate sam2182sw

Gerry Whitehead
27th July 2011, 17:07
Hi Donald How are you keeping ? Did a trip with you in Harrisons on the Author
to East Africa with the Famous Captain Tom Butler.I was Purser/Catering Off.Gerry Whitehead. We had some bloody good laughs that trip & I remember
one night when a certain person had had a few beers & was sitting on some empty beer kegs in the Offs Bar playing a tune on the Bar Deckhead which was
underneath the Capt.Room & he came down & was watching you playing your little tune. He saw the funny side of it as did we all.How are you Don, I'd heard
through the Harrison Line Tom Toms you were ashore & working in Stornaway,
I thought it was the Harbour Masters Office.Good to hear from you after all these years Keep in touch best regards Gerry Whitehead

Trader
27th July 2011, 18:21
Nice to see you posting Gerry (Belly robber). Hope that you and Jackie are well. We are off to Kassiopi again end of August.

Welcome to the site Donald.

Alec.

Donald Macleod25
29th July 2011, 01:09
Great to hear from you Gerry - it's been a long time hearing from shipmates. well - since I left sea in 1982 I've been working at Stornoway Harbour as Pilot, great job and took early retirement in 2004. the only person I've spoken to in all these years is Ken Waverley (2nd. Cook) or was it Wakerley (on Merchant) - when he was on a survey ship round these parts.
well Gerry, hope you are keeping well and give my regards to your wife Jackie - met her when we docked on Author. Keep in touch.