Washing Down

E.Martin
21st July 2011, 16:19
Have been doing some decorating so had to bring a model of HMS Victory down for a refit ,she had been on top of a unit quite a while and was very dusty.
She measures 32 inches from the tip of her bowsprit to the end of her mizzen peak,24 inches from the bottom of her keel to the top of truck on her mainmast.
It was bought for me and sent from Vietnam.
I took it into the garage and started to try to clean it with a brush,after a very short while I thought there must be a easier way,there was !!.
As a ex Bosun I thought Give it a good wash down.
I stood it in the yard against the advice of my Chief Officer,turned on the garden hose and really give the ship a good wash down,decks rigging sails.
I tipped the water out of the hull,stood it in the sun to dry, adjusted the rigging,now she looks brand new.

david freeman
21st July 2011, 16:46
Have been doing some decorating so had to bring a model of HMS Victory down for a refit ,she had been on top of a unit quite a while and was very dusty.
She measures 32 inches from the tip of her bowsprit to the end of her mizzen peak,24 inches from the bottom of her keel to the top of truck on her mainmast.
It was bought for me and sent from Vietnam.
I took it into the garage and started to try to clean it with a brush,after a very short while I thought there must be a easier way,there was !!.
As a ex Bosun I thought Give it a good wash down.
I stood it in the yard against the advice of my Chief Officer,turned on the garden hose and really give the ship a good wash down,decks rigging sails.
I tipped the water out of the hull,stood it in the sun to dry, adjusted the rigging,now she looks brand new.

I trust you hollystoned the decks and finished the job off properly

matthew flinders
21st July 2011, 16:57
and sand and canvassed the rails

E.Martin
21st July 2011, 18:17

I thought about going over the decks with a holy stone and bear,I did not have any Atlas,sand and did not have any miniature holy stones,so I went indoors and had a kip.

borderreiver
21st July 2011, 18:35
What about the brass work??
Going to use Worcester sauce

Reef Knot
21st July 2011, 18:57
What about the brass work??
Going to use Worcester sauceNo, I think he's on some other sauce! Going in for a kip? What nerve! [=P]