Any ideas???

filmonlocation
26th July 2011, 15:58
I am a Location Manager in Ontario's Film Industry and we are looking for a Lakerunner that is very similiar or the EXACT same look as the 'Algontario'.

Don Matheson
26th July 2011, 16:23
I assume by Lakerunner you mean a Laker? Depends what you want it for and how long? I believe some lakers have not returned from winterlay up so check the following list find one that has not gone back to work and check with the owners, it may be possible that they can fit you in before working.
Pity the Algontario went for scrap before you posted this.

Don

http://www.boatnerd.com/layup/layup10-11.htm

filmonlocation
26th July 2011, 16:28
Thanks for the reply Don. We shot a movie on the deck of the Algontario back in the Fall of 2009 while it was docked in the Toronto Harbour. We understand that the Algontario is now in Turkey being scrapped :( We need a similar 'Laker' for the sequel to the movie.
Also I didn't receive any 'list' that you referenced in your reply. Thanks again for your help....must appreciated!

Don Matheson
26th July 2011, 16:47
That link should have come through,its the winter layup list but gives all the lakers back working and those still laid up.
Ever vessel listed also has a photo if you click her name. Will try again

Try this link http://www.boatnerd.com then if it opens go to Winter Lay up 2010/2011

That should give you a list.

Don

filmonlocation
26th July 2011, 16:54
Thanks Don.....I got the link. Do you, or anyone else, know of a Laker that is the SAME as the 'Algontario'?

Don Matheson
26th July 2011, 21:31
Algontario was not built on the lakes so is a bit different. Not many look the same and most that do have self umloading gear.

Try these Algonorth
Jim S Dool Both from Algoma

Birchglen
Cedarglen has different bridge
Pineglen
Spruceglen All from Canada Steamships

Edgar B Speer From Great Lakes Fleet

Kaministiqua Lower Lakes Transportation

Thats the best I can find hope its of somehelp.
What happened to the last film you made on the Lakers

Don

billyboy
27th July 2011, 00:57
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Lanaud
2nd November 2011, 04:55
Algontario was not built on the lakes so is a bit different. Not many look the same and most that do have self umloading gear.

Try these Algonorth
Jim S Dool Both from Algoma

Birchglen
Cedarglen has different bridge
Pineglen
Spruceglen All from Canada Steamships

Edgar B Speer From Great Lakes Fleet

Kaministiqua Lower Lakes Transportation

Thats the best I can find hope its of somehelp.
What happened to the last film you made on the Lakers

Don

Algontario has a different bridge because of a fire back when she was the Cartiercliffe Hall. the hul is the same in a three that Halco bought in 1976. On ly one remains and that's the Cedarglen. Cedarglen and windoc were sisters but Windoc is now being dismantled in Port Colborne

http://www.boatnerd.com/pictures/fleet/algontario.htm

R58484956
2nd November 2011, 19:18
Greetings fol and welcome to SN from across the pond. Ask a question on this site and usually an answer pops up. Bon voyage.

JoK
3rd November 2011, 11:28
The Cartiercliffe Hall. Now there is a name I seem to use a lot in relationship to our older ships. More for the interim regulation developed after the fire, which eventually became Section 10 of the Canadian Shipping Act.

dom
3rd November 2011, 12:19
tipitcal bloody wonem axed her what she wanted for her birthday everything she replied,cutouts more jinbeam