stewardess overboard

humphreys1
18th August 2011, 16:46
I was on the SA Vaal early seventies stewardess went over board (I think)between canaries and cape town(gulf of guinea)(egg) did i dream this .
Frankie Howard was the entertaiment for that trip ?????????????
Not the passenger already mentioned in some threads and not the stewardess who went over board in port elizabeth.

R58484956
19th August 2011, 19:25
Seems it was a common event on the Union Castle.

Coastie
19th August 2011, 22:31
Didn't they like Stewardesses then?

samdar
26th August 2011, 12:13
She was a stewardette and worked in the dining saloon ,word had it that she had lost custody of her childrenand as she was going out with one of the store keepers, he took her to the leading hands mess to drown her sorrows (no pun intended) Round about 2am, we were called to emergency stations to find who was missing as it wasn't known who had gone over the side. samdar

humphreys1
26th August 2011, 13:24
She was a stewardette and worked in the dining saloon ,word had it that she had lost custody of her childrenand as she was going out with one of the store keepers, he took her to the leading hands mess to drown her sorrows (no pun intended) Round about 2am, we were called to emergency stations to find who was missing as it wasn't known who had gone over the side. samdar

Hi Samdar this sounds about right.
I worked in the dining saloon and made friends with this girl in a local close to the dock in southampton before we sailed but if i remember as it was a long time ago! I seem to recall us having a drink in a cabin one session. then the strewardette never reported for duty .she was a liverpool girl can you remember her name, what ship it was on? and roughly the date I assume you was on this ship.
Thanks for the reply .charlie

samdar
27th August 2011, 10:02
HI Charlie, I was a BRS on A deck(the longest passenger deck) it took swiveleye Lloyd 2 days to inspect it , one side outward bound, the other homeward. I,m sorry but I can't remember the stewardette,s name and I don,t remember Frankie Howard ,he would have been up on O deck wwwwwith the chief BRS and Stewardess.It must have been 1965,I left the VAAL february 1966. Hope this helps SAMDAR