Head Chef Sylvania

ecb
22nd August 2011, 11:53
I had a relative who was Head Chef on the "Sylvania' and was in the Cunard for over 30 years His name Was"Eddie Benbow' has any body any Memories or Tales To Tell ?
regards
ecb

R396040
22nd August 2011, 12:42
I had a relative who was Head Chef on the "Sylvania' and was in the Cunard for over 30 years His name Was"Eddie Benbow' has any body any Memories or Tales To Tell ?
regards
ecb

Think he appears on a photo I have of all the senior catering staff on Sylvania outside main dining room. That would have been in August 1963 and I was extra chief Tourist Stwd. I was normally a cargo boat (Cunard) C/Stwd.
Stuart H

ecb
23rd August 2011, 02:34
Thanks for that Stuart,He would have been on the "Sylvania' at that time is there anyway I can get a copy of you and if so How would I go About it.
regards
ecb

R396040
24th August 2011, 18:21
Thanks for that Stuart,He would have been on the "Sylvania' at that time is there anyway I can get a copy of you and if so How would I go About it.
regards
ecb

ECB, Did you get my private message ? Let me have your address and I will send copy posthaste
Stuart

Coastie
24th August 2011, 18:36
My Father also worked on the Sylvania at around that time. I believe he worked in the catering side of it too but I don't know what he was, maybe steward. Sid Faulkner was his name.

ecb
24th August 2011, 22:18
ECB, Did you get my private message ? Let me have your address and I will send copy posthaste
Stuart

Hello there Stuart,
Have just sent another reply let me know if you have recieved it
Thanks
ecb

R396040
25th August 2011, 09:09
ECB= Sorrry still havent received any message. Stuart H