Merchant Navy 1955 - 1961

jimmythescot
23rd August 2011, 15:53
Hi my name is Debbie and I am looking for anyone who worked alongside my dad, James Williamson. He started out when he was 16 as a Deck boy and travelled all over the world. I have some of his discharge papers with many names of ships that I will investigate for him and it seems a lot sailed from London or Liverpool. He tells us so many wonderful and funny stories of his life at sea and he would love to be able to maybe get in contact with old friends or colleagues so I hope I will be successful. Please contact me if you were serving during these years and just maybe you might know each other!

Dickyboy
23rd August 2011, 16:05
Welcome aboard Debbie.
Have a good look around the site, there are plenty of ships names, company names ETC on here, and a lot of individual company threads also. Loads of pictures as well of course, have fun :)

R58484956
23rd August 2011, 17:05
Greetings Debbie and welcome to SN. The name of a company or a ships name would help you in the long run. Bon voyage.

robert the bruce
23rd August 2011, 20:19
Welcome Debbie, that name rings a bell. Ships names please.

billyboy
23rd August 2011, 23:49
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

captain61
24th August 2011, 10:19
Welcome aboard this great site. Good luck in your search

Stephen

jimmythescot
4th September 2011, 20:30
Hi. Thanks for replying. There are lots of ships that dad went on so I've listed them. (I may have misspelt a couple)

MV English Star
SS Dahomey Palm
SS Elstree Grange
SS Runic
Timaru Star
MV Beechmore
Loch Loyal
Warwack Castle
Escalanie
Port Brissane
Napier Star
MV Scottish Star